Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Subject: Search / Filter enhancement

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

We have been evaluating Remote Desktop Manager and are really impressed with it. However there is a smaill issue with the search /filter we hope will get addressed/fixed before considering to buy.

We have created our structure hierarchy as:

Customer->Head Office->Routers
Customer->Head Office->Servers
Customer->Head Office->Computers

Now, to help save entering repetitive data, we have entered the address of the "Head Office" on the object "Head Office" as all the child object below this will all the same address.

Now the problem we have if we search e.g postcode, the object "Head Office" is found as would be expected, but there is no way for me to access any of the object below this object.

Would it be possible to have the search as it stands yet also have the option (ability to choose to show/hide child objects) to access objects below the search result.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
Could you post a print screen of the search result because I'm not sure to understand why you can't access the object below. Does Head Office is a group?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Does the up/down arrows are working?
edited by dhervieux on 12/20/2013

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

David,

Do you have an email address I could send the screen dumps to as I do not really want to put screen shots for customer data on the forum.

Clock5 yrs

As requested please find screen shots of issue first image is unfiltered showing all child objects, second image is filtered search on partial postcode (which has been entered on the object "Head Office", note than none of the child objects are displayed on the Parent objects.

Clock5 yrs

Thank you for the print screen? What happen when you press the down arrow twice?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Nothing!

Starting at the top object if I press the right arrow it goes down one level and expands if not expanded, starting at the bottom if I press the left arrow it goes up one level, then collapses level, then goes up another level.
If all is collapsed pressing down arrow any number of times does nothing

Clock5 yrs

This is really strange because the down arrow work fine for me. Could you try to press Ctrl+L to focus the tree and then use the down arrow?

I will try something on my side.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
The next update will select the group automatically.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

David,

Pressing Ctrl+L does nothing. But I look forward to next update to fix this issue.

Clock5 yrs

After more investigation this issue seems to occur when filtering using details listed in the "Contact" tab.

When using any of the fields in Contact details to filter, the child object are not displayed.

Clock5 yrs

Which update will this issue be resolved in. I have tried the latest beta version 9.0.17.0 and the problem still exists.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
The latest beta has the fix for select the group automatically but I missed the part about the contact details. I will verify that specifically.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Any update as to when this issue will be fixed, as it the same issue still exists in the latetest version.

Clock5 yrs