Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Bug Report

After freeze screen size not correct

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

As we know FreeRDP stops working (freeze).
Starting the same session again sometimes gives this

screen+position

settings

screen position.png
settings.png
Clock6 yrs

Hi,

The latest version (0.9.30.0) includes a 'Reconnect' option on the tab menu for your remote sessions.

I'm curious to see if this happens when you use that option to reconnect a frozen session.

I remember that you don't use the tabs on your undocked sessions - I will look at adding that option to the application menu so it's accessible to you.

Thanks for your patience on this

Richard

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Richard,

Its getting worse. Working with version 30, fresh machine, no sessions made so far its starts like this:
windows+2003

I am connecting a Windows 2003 machine. I know, old stuff, but customers still run this OS.

'Adjust remote desktop size for windows chrome' switch does not make any difference.

windows 2003.png
Clock6 yrs

Hi,

It starts like this every time? Or is intermittent? How about if you toggle the option to hide the tab bar?

Thanks, Richard

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Every time Richard.
Unhide tab bar indeed 'solves' the problem. So it is related to hiding the tab bar. Good thinking!

Clock6 yrs

I will take a look into this.

Thanks for the feedback smile

Richard

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I couldn't reproduce that effect here. Can you export your .rdp file and send it to me, so I can see exactly what settings you have?

Thanks, Richard

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

OK I was playing with this a little more - can you confirm that this happens when launching the connection by right-clicking the tree view and selecting 'Open Session'? What happens if you choose 'Open Session' from the dashboard?

Thanks, Richard

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

Sorry for spamming this thread smile

I made a fix for this in 0.9.33.0. Please let me know if you still see the issue...

Thanks, Richard

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

As far as I can see its fixed in version 0.9.33.0
Thanks!

Clock6 yrs

Nice Big Grin

Thanks, Richard

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi

For your issue with frozen sessions (that is, the RDP session appears 'frozen' but the rest of the application is still usable).

I'm interested in what happens if you use the applications' 'Reconnect' function in that case. Note that the reconnect is available on the tab context menu (I know you are using undocked / tabless windows so this won't help much), and also on the context menu on the tree view (please get the latest version 0.9.36.0, as this previously was not working properly).

Thanks, Richard

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs