Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Localization

English to Swedish

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Almost there
Translation into swedish is currently 80% completed. But I don't think I will be ready until Christmas.

Would you like to participate?
Get a localizer account and...
...help finish off the last 20%!
...continuously translate new phrases
...review and comment on translations!

You can also help by reply and discuss on issues I and others post in this thread

Alex Korsbakke
Translates IT systems and applications. My languages are (from strongest to weakest):
Swedish, English, Danish, Norwegian (bokmål), Norwegian (nynorsk) and German

Clock6 yrs

Alex,

Great initiative and good work getting to 80% (81% actually) translated.

For those interested here are some links:

Register - http://remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Contribute
Blog post (How to) - http://blog.devolutions.net/2012/08/introducing-devolutions-localizer-our.html

Regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Aaaaalmost there
Now I'm on 99%. What is left, is phrases where I need som clarifications. Since the phrases often are named after its english translation, the names are not helping in understanding the purpose of a word/phrase or where it is used.

MsgResources.resx

• TheCommunityIsRequired - What "Community" and when is this message shown? My guess is that it should have been "Community string" used with SNMP.
  • TheDataSourceEmailIsRequired - So, does the data source need an e-mail message or an e-mail address?
  • XYXZTransferredIn - What is transferred in? Where is this used. There are no clues to what meaning the parameters have.
  • XHasInvitedYouToJoinRemoteSupportSession - A remote what? There is no clue to what the {1}-parameter is.

edited by Alex Korsbakke on 12/14/2013

Alex Korsbakke
Translates IT systems and applications. My languages are (from strongest to weakest):

Clock6 yrs

UIResources.resx - lblSpaceCreationDot
Where is this used?
Can I expect a noun infront like "Item creation". That wold be bad. In swedish I must sometimer translate this into "Skapar produkt" (verb+space+noun) or "Produktskapande'' (no space and the noun+verb transformed into a noun.

Alex Korsbakke

Clock6 yrs

Hi Alex

TheCommunityIsRequired: Exactly it's the community used in the SMNP
TheDataSourceEmailIsRequired: it's used by RDMO and the data source is linked to your email

Here is the usage for XYXZTransferredIn
string outstring = string.Format(
MsgResources.XYXZTransferredIn,
this.totalFilesTransferred,
this.totalFilesTransferred > 1 ? BusinessResources.FilesLowercase : BusinessResources.FileLowercase,
this.totalBytesTransferred,
this.totalBytesTransferred > 1 ? BusinessResources.BytesLowercase : BusinessResources.ByteLowercase);

message = string.Format(
MsgResources.XHasInvitedYouToJoinRemoteSupportSession, config.UserName, "Support Session") + ",";

where Support Session could also be Meeting

For the last one: lblSpaceCreationDot. This resource is deprecated and it will be removed in the next update

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thank you David.

• MsgResources.TheDataSourceEmailIsRequired - So the answer is "email address"?
  • MsgResources.XYXZTransferredIn - If that could spell "20 files (63211233 bytes) transferred in", would I expect it to be followed by a time value?
  • MsgResources.XHasInvitedYouToJoinRemoteSupportSession - This is not good. "a Session = en session" is of reale gender in Swedish, while "a Meeting = ett möte" is of neutrum gender. That requires different translations of "a". Is it possible for you to separate Support Session and Meeting into two resource entries (without using {1})?

And some new questions:

• UIResources.lblPrefix - What is this? I found it when adding a contact. It is a label in front of an empty combo dropdown.
  • UIResources.lblExpiringNotification - What is this?
  • UIResources.lblTragetHostedService - Is "Target" a verb? What is the context of this phrase?
  • UIResources.chkUsePageant - What is the context of this phrase?

Alex Korsbakke

Clock6 yrs

Prefix: it's also called salutation I think:

lblPrefix: M. Dr, Mme...

lblTragetHostedService: It's should be target hosted service and it's used by Amazon when you upload a certificate

lblExpiringNotification: this is the label used in File-Options to determine how many days are used to detect an "Expiring notification"

chkUsePageant: Pageant is a Putty sub-application

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thanks again!

But I'll repost those questions still in need of answer:

• MsgResources.TheDataSourceEmailIsRequired - So the answer is "email address"?
  • MsgResources.XYXZTransferredIn - Would I be correct to expect it to be followed by a time value?
  • MsgResources.XHasInvitedYouToJoinRemoteSupportSession - Is it possible for you to separate Support Session and Meeting into two resource entries (without using {1})?
  • UIResources.lblPrefix - I suspected that. But as I wrote, there are no Mr or Mrs to choose. The selection list is empty in the UI. But perhaps that is a good thing, since salutations and use of second person pluralis as form of address was formally abolished in the 1960'ies in Sweden?
  • UIResources.lblTragetHostedService - I'm sorry, but You didn't fully answer my question. Is "Target" a verb (imperative)? If it is not, then "Target Hosted Service" makes no sence at all, which makes it hard to translate.

Alex Korsbakke

Clock6 yrs

MsgResources.TheDataSourceEmailIsRequired: Yes it is
XYXZTransferredIn: Yes it is
XHasInvitedYouToJoinRemoteSupportSession: I did that earlier and you will see the new translations tomorrow
lblTragetHostedService: It's a label and target is an adjective. Right next to the label, you have the list of all the hosted service that you can choose

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

• UIResources.butForward_ToolTip
    Where is this used? Is it "Go forward" or "Forward message" or just direction?
  • UIResources.tpSocial
    Where is this used? What does it refer to? Social life/communities? Socal security/identification number?

Alex Korsbakke

Clock6 yrs

tpSocial is used categorize some web templates, so it's more related to the social media
butForward is used in the embedded web browser to Move forward in the navigation when you use the arrows.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thank you!

With that, I have now reached 100%. What is left to do is:

• Systematically navigate through all the product parts to check for correct translation and spelling (and check that long texts fit).
  • Continuously translate new and changed phrases.

But I believe that the language is ready fo publish anyway.

Hallå där! Vill du vara med och hålla översättning aktuell? Det är lätt! Det är bara att kommentera dåliga/felaktiga översättningar eller gå med och begära ett översättningskonto (se andra posten i denna tråd).

Hello there! Do You want to participate in keeping the translation up to date? It's easy! Just comment here on any bad/incorrect translation or join in and request a translator accounts (see second post in this thread).

Alex Korsbakke

Clock6 yrs