Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

some future ideas

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

installation:
-possibility to install RDM silent (using commandline)
-install for all users (startmenu, desktop shortcut etc)
- choice where the RDM-Config is saved by default (user-profile folder or RDM isntallation path)
install RDM
sessionslist:
- possibility to navigate through the sessions as in windows explorer (typing the initial letters)
- possibility to dog just the sessionlist to the right or levt side of the screen in the foreground (for example like ICQ or MSN or whatever)
- context menu to open normal host and context menu for alternative connections (combined with a keyboard shortcut - "strg + enter" - open alternativ hostslist/ "enter" open normal host)
logging:
-forbid "spacebare" as a connection comment
-logging the VPN connection
sessions:
- get/refresh a hostliste out of the domain controller to the alternate hosts
batch edit:
- add logs-options
user specific/local machine specific sessions:
- edit the display settings (embedded(tabbed)/external and primary monitor/secondary monitor etc)
sth special:
we need a VPN conenction for nearly every RDP connection, so we have a central saved rasphone.pbk configured in our default template
if we want to add one of these VPN-connections we use a commandline session with is opend with the following command:
rasphone -f K:\Path\to\Rasphone-file\rasphone.pbk -a
probably you can add sth that this can be handled by the software itsself
<em>edited by Xanacas on 2/2/2011</em>

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
There is a lot of stuff, I will analyse it and see what I can do.

Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

forbid "spacebare" as a connection comment -> will be fixed soon

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

one generell maybe-improvement:
RDM is manytimes for some seconds flaged by windows as "not responding"
for example if i open a vpn/rdp connection, don't know why, but probably cause of the interaction with the sql-database. so probably it would be very helpful, if you could use some seperate threads, one for the vpn connection, one for the logging, one for the RDM-treeview etc... or do you have any idea why the program is many times for some seconds not responding. if i can do some tests please let me know. im using a core2duo with 3gig and windows 7 x64. the MSSQL-database is running on a high quality server....

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I will try to enhance this for future version, but many network operation block the main UI thread and I think that what might causes the problem. I will see what I can do

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

session tools:
can you add a flag for "open VPN first"
can you add a session tool named custom host?
- normaly we've just configured the customers server, but sometimes we have to connect to a client of a customer, for now i can open mstsc manualy, but than its not logged to the customer, or i add the client to alternate host, but some users cannt edit the sessions, so its impossible for them..

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Thank you, I added your request.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs