Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - SDK

Import does not work

Hi,

I think I might do something wrong or maybe found some bug.
I am building an import AddOn and when I test this the AddOn Session gets imported, however the session type is not specified in the program. The icon does not match and when I edit the session afterwards it has no session type panel. When I select the correct type and save it, it works. When I match the imported XML with the final XML in the database they are exactly the same.
What could this be?

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

OK, the reason this is failing is because of this line in my code when creating the Session. This line does not add the GUID to the xml.

sessions[0].SetProperty(null, "ConnectionSubType", new Guid(ProxyAddOnGlobals.ADDON_ID));

When I manually add the GUID line (<ConnectionSubType>c8f3fca2-dcd6-4e88-8693-6fbae1ca4eeb</ConnectionSubType>wink to the xml in the database the session works fine.

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

The import addon used a very generic interface and I exposed some properties but not all of them. I added ConnectionSubType in ISession2 for the next release. I also added ConnectExternal with ISession2 in parameters. I really hope to release it today.

By the way, you did the right thing by comparing the XML and some people are afraid that I eventually change the XML, but I won't. The worst case scenario will be a XML migration done automatically by the application.
<em>edited by dhervieux on 1/13/2011</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs