Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

New Beta available (EAP for the version 6.0)

Hi, i just upgraded to the last version of .Net framework 2.0 via windows update but now i keep getting this errors trying to use rdm, i already try using the last beta but as it seems the problem is within the Net Framework config, can someone help me?:

ConfigurationErrorsException - Configuration system failed to initialize

at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.EnsureInit(String configKey)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.PrepareClientConfigSystem(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.PrivilegedConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.GetConfigSection()
at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.Initialize()
at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.get_SwitchSettings()
at System.Diagnostics.Switch.InitializeConfigSettings()
at System.Diagnostics.Switch.InitializeWithStatus()
at System.Diagnostics.Switch.get_SwitchSetting()
at System.Diagnostics.BooleanSwitch.get_Enabled()
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.LoadGeneratedAssembly(Type type, String defaultNamespace, XmlSerializerImplementation& contract)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.SerializationManager.GetSerializer(Type type)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.SerializationManager.SaveObjectToString(Object value)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.SerializationManager.SaveObjectToFile(String fileName, Object value)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.OptionManager.DoSaveOptionsObject(String fileName, String backupFileName, Object data)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.OptionManager.SaveOptions()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.OptionManager.DoLoadOption(Boolean checkAutoStartup)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.OptionManager.LoadOptions(Boolean checkAutoStartup)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Program.Main(String[] args)

------------------------------------------

ConfigurationErrorsException - Unrecognized configuration section system.serviceModel. (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config line 134)

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.EnsureInit(String configKey)

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
You're right, it's a problem with the .NET Framework. I saw that many times. Unfortunately the only solution is uninstall and re install of the .NET Framework. Before, you could try a reboot and also try to install RDM in a fresh folder in c:\RDM, not in program files.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

My problem is that the pc dosent let me unistall the .Net framwork, is there a secure way to unistall it??
ill try installing RDM in c: and let you know how it turns out.

Clock8 yrs

prolem solved, reinstalled net 2.0 and thats all.
Now im trying to acces the services and the other tools on the remote conections but i keep getting the "Erro 5: Acces denied" code
<em>edited by Bruno on 1/31/2011</em>

Clock8 yrs

Only "secure" way I've found is a wipe and reload of the OS. Good luck with that one. There are some documents out there on how to do it manually, but I've honestly never been able to get them to work. Probably me not knowing what I'm doing, but either way, not fun.
<em>edited by zim2323 on 1/31/2011</em>

Clock8 yrs

Hi Bruno,
For the tools, you must have the admin credentials for the machine. If you can't do it directly by using Services in Control Panel, you won't be able from RDM

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
A new beta is now available, here is a short list of the changes:

- Added more date filter option for the log
- Added the possibility to embed a command line session tool
- Added a server home page link in the session information
- Added Team Viewer disconnection detection and logging
- Added a sorting listview in the import items dialog
- Added a global view for opened session by other users when the data source support logging
- Added the possiblity to use $HOST$ in a template when importing with the wizard
- Added the Dropbox data source
- Added an option to warn if a connection is already opened by checking the log
- Added multi-tab support for the embedded web browsing (IE and Firefox)
- Added ByPassMRCHostEntry for Dameware
- Added filter for the add-on manager
- Added an option to open the VPN before the alternate host selection
- Integrated the Firefox add-on and migrated the sesison type to web session type
- It's now possible to select one or more session from a list when importing from other applications
- Fixed a bug with the session tool and duplicate variable list
- Fixed a bug when you choose a template and than go back to command line (it will show a messge that the template id is empty)
- Fixed a refactoring bug with the filter and search dialog
- Small openeded session refresh optimization

You can download the application here:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.5.9.0.18.exe
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.5.9.0.18.zip

For the KeePass integration, you can get more information here:
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/remotedesktopmanager/Support.aspx/Keepass

The MySQLDataSourceAddOn is available here:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/AddOn/MySQLDataSource1.0.0.0.zip

--
David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

- Added the Dropbox data source

Why this one? What is the added value of this compared to useing an xml based file stored on a dropbox (which I currently use)?

- Added multi-tab support for the embedded web browsing (IE and Firefox)

And ehm... Chrome?

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
The difference for the Drobox data source, is that you can use it everywhere and you don't need to install the client on your machine. For example, if you use an USB key or if you are setup like me, with a personal Dropbox and a corporate one, it's not possible to use both.

For embedded web browser, it's not that I don't want, there is no way of doing that with Chrome. I tried with Chrome Frame without success. If you know a way of embeddign Chrome in a C# application, let me know.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

re dropbox - that makes sense indeed. Good!

Re chrome - it seems it cannot be embedded directly. Perhaps something like http://awesomiumdotnet.codeplex.com/
And perhaps http://www.opeso.co.uk/ might help

Clock8 yrs

FYI...
FlashFXP 0.2.1 plugin does not properly update from 0.1.3. I redownloaded the ZIP directly from the addon forum and it actually extracts the older version.

Thanks!

Clock8 yrs

have an idea...
what about opening a section for sharing session tools ?

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
You mean, configuring and exporting session tools created with a command line, psexec and template ?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

yes. but not just that.
some kind of a platform for sharing the customized session tools that users creates.

for example:
cmd /k systeminfo /s $HOST$

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
This is a great idea and we will try to make it easy for the people:

- I already create a new forum for that
- We WILL add a list to our web site
- We WILL add a import dialog directly in our application
- We WILL also add a functionality to send it directly to us by email

What do you think ?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

dhervieux wrote:

- Added Team Viewer disconnection detection and logging

Nice work! Is there a way to get a prompt for the ID like you have it for the password and connection type? If not then it would be nice to have because sometimes we have random sessions to clients which download the quick support and it would be nice to have that logged in the RDM.

dhervieux wrote:

- Added a global view for opened session by other users when the data source support logging

Perfect! But I have two issues:

1.) How can I close sessions where you were not able to logg an end of the connection?
2.) The radio button of the Global Sessions is removed after I switchted to a local source and I can not get it back when I go to the remote source like a SQL server

Clock8 yrs

@mmates

I added a feature request for the prompt ID. The only problem, is that you won't see the id in the log, you will need to add it to the prompt.

Global view
- You can manually close it directly from the Log view of the session. It's in the context menu.
- I will verify for this problem, this must be a small refresh glitch

Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
A new beta is now available, here is a short list of the changes:

- Added import of tag in keywords for Terminals
- Added a select dialog for the Windows Vault credentials
- Added a warning when an external application is opened and RDM is closing
- Added View Comment and Mark as Closed menu in the global opened session view
- Fixed a possible bug when editing in batch the group
- Fixed a possible false warning when editing in batch the general settings
- Fixed a problem with the global opened connection when switching from data source
- Fixed a problem when closing a session in another data source
- Fixed some bug with the global opened session

You can download the application here:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.5.9.0.19.exe
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.5.9.0.19.zip

For the KeePass integration, you can get more information here:
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/remotedesktopmanager/Support.aspx/Keepass

The MySQLDataSourceAddOn is available here:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/AddOn/MySQLDataSource1.0.0.0.zip

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

dhervieux wrote:

Hi,
This is a great idea and we will try to make it easy for the people:

- I already create a new forum for that
- We WILL add a list to our web site
- We WILL add a import dialog directly in our application
- We WILL also add a functionality to send it directly to us by email

What do you think ?

Sounds great...

Clock8 yrs

David,

The addons do not work anymore in 5.9.0.19.

This is the error:

NotImplementedException - The method or operation is not implemented.

at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.BaseSessionAddOn.ConnectExternal(String parameters)
at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.BaseSessionAddOn3.ConnectExternal(String parameters, ISession2 session)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Connectors.AddOnConnector.Connect(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnections(Connection[] connectionList, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ActionManager.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreBaseConnectionView.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreConnectionTreeView.tvList_NodeMouseDoubleClick(Object sender, TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnNodeMouseDoubleClick(TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Controls.TreeViewXP.WndProc(Message& message)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

OK, I understand the problem... Something was changed in the SDK.
I need to rebuild my AddOn regading the ConnectExternal Method.

It seems to return type ExternalConnectAddOnResult.

I'm returning this: return new ExternalConnectionAddOnResult(externalProcess);

Should this last for coming builds? wink

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

Sorry for that, that the problem with releasing an SDK in beta. All the add-on created in previous version, for example for the version 5.8, already override this method, but in the new SDK, I added a new way of returning the information and it broke your add-on.

This was the last modification, everything should be alright from now.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Dave, you mentioned before that there was a way to assign a Quick Connect to a TAB. Or maybe I misunderstood you. If I didn't, can you explain how to do that. I have not been able to figure that out.

Thanks!

Clock8 yrs

@ zim2323: you have two possibilitys:
1. create a template and configure it for embedded mode
2. check "Open embedded by default" at the general program options

Clock8 yrs

Xanax,
Not sure you understand what I am wanting. I don't want to force Quick Connect embedded. I already do that. I never said anything about embedding.

I want to force when Quick Connect opens to have a specific TAB page category.

This is why I added a suggestion to add this to the options to either assign a CUSTOM category, or to assign them a default. Doesn't really matter as long as they are sortable from all the other open embedded sessions.
<em>edited by zim2323 on 2/4/2011</em>

Clock8 yrs

@zim2323

Xanacas as the right solution, just not the right explanation:

- You can create a template, named for example Quick connect. In this template you can assign a specific tab name (My Quick Connect) and after that in the quick connect menu, you select your template and use it.

You can create one template for each quick connect type you have.

It's not like what you asked, but at least it's a small workaround.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Got it!

yup, Xanacas was on the right track. Sorry.

I got it figured out now. Much appreciated!

Clock8 yrs

David, if you need a break from the advanced feature requests: have a look at the field tab sequence of the various screens...

Clock8 yrs

@Hans,
we are near the end of the beta and we will verify soon small bug like what wrote. If you see one in particular, you can let me know directly to be sure that I don't miss it.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

dhervieux wrote:

If you see one in particular, you can let me know directly to be sure that I don't miss it.

It's almost all screens, you refactored a lot of the GUI for session configuration.
<em>edited by jhd on 2/5/2011</em>

Clock8 yrs