Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

New Beta available (EAP for the version 6.0)

Woohoo! Thanks!

Clock8 yrs

dhervieux wrote:

Hi,
Great, the application try to send the auto login, but it not 100% reliable depending of the web site. Can you give an web site that fail?

Hi David,

It's not really web site but rather web interfaces : Astaro (www.astaro.com), ...
Never mind, the key button works well.
Another request for auto-login, could you add in the embedde window, near the key button, something to prevent autologin. The purpose of this is having auto-login set and generaly used but also having the opssibility to use another manual login.

Didier

Clock8 yrs

dhervieux wrote:

@Snirh, can you send me a printscreen of what you mean ? support@devolutions.net

I've attached the screen shot for the problem.

cross.JPG
Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I'm not sure how I can do it, because you won't have the time to click it. What you can do is uncheck Auto login in the session properties. Maybe I miss understood what you mean.
didierhurpet wrote:

dhervieux wrote:
Hi,
Great, the application try to send the auto login, but it not 100% reliable depending of the web site. Can you give an web site that fail?

Hi David,

It's not really web site but rather web interfaces : Astaro (www.astaro.com), ...
Never mind, the key button works well.
Another request for auto-login, could you add in the embedde window, near the key button, something to prevent autologin. The purpose of this is having auto-login set and generaly used but also having the opssibility to use another manual login.

Didier

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I verified, but I don't understand the bug. Everything is in the RDP session, I don't understand why it's linked to RDM ?

Let me know

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.
snirh wrote:

another small bug.
Using the mmc module (AD users and computers) if I have an open sun window like search, when I open another tab - the sub window do not disappear when I move to the second window.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi David,

I contacted you last week with an issue I had with the data sources disappearing and you suggested I download the latest beta (5.9.0.16) to fix this issue. This appears to be working but another problem now exists, I keep the RemoteDesktopManager icon in my TaskBar (I am running Windows 7) and in version 5.9.0.0 I could click on the icon in the taskbar to open RDM and if RDM was already open it would maximize or minimize the window depending on the current state of the window. Now in 5.9.0.16 I can minimize RDM by clicking on the taskbar icon but it will not maximize until I go to the Notification Area of the taskbar and right click on the RDM small icon and click Maximize. Any chance you can restore the previous functionality?

Regards,

w33ds

Clock8 yrs

@w33ds

It's weird, I'm unable to reproduce your bug. If you do a single click on the trayicon, does it restore ? Do you have it pinned or not ? I tried both pin and unpinned.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi David,

I just tried it on another Win7 machine and it works as expected, so it must be something wrong with my machine, I will uninstall and reinstall and see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks,

w33ds

Clock8 yrs

snirh wrote:

dhervieux wrote:
@Snirh, can you send me a printscreen of what you mean ? support@devolutions.net

I've attached the screen shot for the problem.

The AD window is from the other tab (look in the top of the picture to see that I opened MMC of AD).

Clock8 yrs

@snirh

I see, I will try to reproduce but if I understand correctly, the Active Directory tab come from an external process embedded ? If it's the case, I don't have access to minimize or hide the window. I will try to find a solution, but for now, I don't see any because I only have access to main window handle. Let me know if I miss something again.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

i've a question to alternate hosts. how should the auto detect(ping) option work? as i can see you ping first and than open the vpn connection, for me, htere should be the vpn connection first and than the ping detection. and i would like to have a seperate context and dashboard menu to opn alternate hosts, and normal doubleclick/enter opens the connection to the normal host...

Clock8 yrs

bug in "note on connection": if i cancel the the connection note, the vpn connection isn't closed automatically. i would like if you could first ask for the note, than log the vpn-connection and than log the session... for now its possible to open a connection without creating a log...

Clock8 yrs

@Xanacas

Thank you for you two post, I added both of your bug / redesign to my todo list. I will take a look at them soon.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

one more bug, the OK button is enabled if the note for connection window appears, even if i choose "note is requiered" and the textbox is empty.. just by defult, if i enter sth and delete it, the OK-button is disabled...

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
A new beta is now available, here is a short list of the changes:

- Added an advanced session option to force the machine name for the domain (override the credential)
- Added the possibility to embed a credential configuration
- Added batch edit for general settings (events, VPN, image, descriptions, display...)
- Added the possibility to delete a sub connection from the tree view
- Added an option to collapse the tree view root (Show tree view root lines)
- Added 1Password support for the credentials
- Added Chrome Password and Firefox Password manager support for the credentials
- Added credential repository support for the tool credential
- Added a filter dialog available even when the footer is hidden
- Added a setting to create a user without creating the SQL Server login / user
- Disabled some actions in offline mode (share template and batch edit)
- Fixed a bug with the multi select of session tools
- Fixed a bug with the delete of a session in the dashboard
- Fixed a refresh bug with the deselection of a node in the tree view
- Fixed a bug with the port and the alternate host
- Fixed some possible offline mode issue when the attachment or log are opened
- The VPN is now opened after the note prompt
- Reorganized the import / export menus
- Minor bug fixes

You can download the application here:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.5.9.0.17.exe
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.5.9.0.17.zip

For the KeePass integration, you can get more information here:
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/remotedesktopmanager/Support.aspx/Keepass

The MySQLDataSourceAddOn is available here:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/AddOn/MySQLDataSource1.0.0.0.zip

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Very nice additions David. Just when I thought I did not need anymore features I get proved wrong. =)

Curious. What is the difference between a session specific credential and an embedded credential?

Clock8 yrs

@xcentric
I have more ideas for the coming year, unfortunately I can't implement them all in the version 6.0. The difference between session specific credential and an embedded credential is very simple:

Sesssion specific credential: the credential are set in the connection specific settings, for example in the RDP tabpage or Citrix tab page... If you want to use the local username password with RDP, you must use the Session specific credential

Embedded credentials, if like an entry in the Credential Repository ( you can use Keepass for example) but this will not create a entry in the tree view. This mean that the setting will be saved directly in the session configuration with no external reference. This is very convenient if you want to use a specific settings with all the power of the credential entry. We will be adding more credential type (Password Safe and Windows Vault for example).

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

What is the MySQLDataSource add-on for? I extracted the DLL's to the installation folder, but I don't see any new sessions for MySQL other then GUI.

Clock8 yrs

Also,

Need to update the Addon Manager:
1) Ability to "Install all Addons", or put a checkbox to each with a checkbox select above that column on the list so that they all, or the selected will be installed.
2) Need better Addon Support when a newer version is released and installed then what is on the Addon Manager "remote list". ProxyAddon, for example, has been upgraded from v1.0.0.6 to v2.0.0.2. I had v1.0.0.6 installed, but when I add the ProxyAddOn.dll to the installation folder, neither the version in Addon Manager changes, and I don't see anything new for that function/session. Is Addon Manager overriding the newere DLL?

Thanks!

Clock8 yrs

@David,

I need some more clarification.

For instance when I add a user, domain and password as a session specific credential where is that credential stored? I realize for the session specific password I have a choice of the windows vault (which also stores the username and domain) or the database and if I choose database where is the username and domain stored then?

If I add an embedded credential I understand that the entire credential is stored inside the session.

@zim2323

The MySQLDataSource is a SQL connector for RDM. It allows RDM to connect and store session data inside a MySQL database.

Clock8 yrs

@xcentric,
If you choose session specific, with RDP this could be in the Windows Vault, like you said or directly in the session also exactly like the embedded (encrypted also). The main reason for that is that the UI has already the field to enter a user name / password and I did not want to change the existing UI.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

@zim2323
For the addon manager, we have a little problem in the beta, we update the SDK and this is why the list is out of sync. As soon as we release it, we will be able to update the Proxy Add-on.

The application is looking in two folders, one in documents and settings where the remotedestopmnanager.cfg is and the other place is in the installation folder. I suspect that you have the dll at the both side. The problem is that many user can't add files to program files, this is why we allow it to install it in the document and settings. But some add must be installed in the application directory (when they have dll dependency) and this is why they can't be intalled automtically by the add-on manager.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Wow, I must be an idiot or got my wires crossed for not understanding this.

You just described that the two credential methods are the same except where visually located. So I see no point for the embedded credential option if the username/domain and password are already stored in the session under the Connection > General tab if you choose to save the password in the database.

Could the reason possibly be in case you do not have a database? YOu want to store the embedded credential to whatever OTHER datasouce that is being used like cfg or xml?

Clock8 yrs

The think you might be missing is that the embedded credentials offers more than just a user name / password. Take a look at the UI when you click it. You will be prompted with the credential entry dialog with all the supported stuff (KeePass, LastPass, ...). This would have be very difficult for me to integrate all these in all the existings session type or add-on and we are continuously adding more password manager.
<em>edited by dhervieux on 1/25/2011</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

2 bugs with the "session tools" :
- if I choose a template and than go back to command line it will shout that the template id is empty
- if I click on variables link on the buttom of the window the list is twice...

another thought, why not do a cmd command in a tabbed window also ? a lot of the command will be in cmd (for me anyway...)

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Thank you again for the bug report. For the command line in tabbed windows, there is a really really good reason why It's not here... I forgot to do it smile So expect that for the next update

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

dhervieux wrote:

@zim2323
For the addon manager, we have a little problem in the beta, we update the SDK and this is why the list is out of sync. As soon as we release it, we will be able to update the Proxy Add-on.

The application is looking in two folders, one in documents and settings where the remotedestopmnanager.cfg is and the other place is in the installation folder. I suspect that you have the dll at the both side. The problem is that many user can't add files to program files, this is why we allow it to install it in the document and settings. But some add must be installed in the application directory (when they have dll dependency) and this is why they can't be intalled automtically by the add-on manager.

Thanks David!
I went through my installation folder and removed the DLL's that were there. I have moved them all to the \users\<username>\...etc... folder for RDM and everything looks to be working.
After doing this, Addon Manager still shows 1.0.0.6, but About list now shows 2.0.0.2. THANKS!!!

Also,
Not sure if this has already been suggested, or if there's a way to do this, but on the Quick Connect box, it would be nice to have more options then just for Remote Desktop. Maybe add a drop-down to choose between RDP, command line, telnet, etc. They could just use application defaults. Would be nice to also add a box/dropdown that allowed you to choose whether it would open embedded, full, seperate window, etc.

Keep up the great work!

Clock8 yrs

One more thought for Quick Connect.

Allow us to assign a "custom" TAB that it attaches to, possibly through a second box or a default action in Options.

In other words, when I run a Quick Connect, I want all of those grouped in a TAB called "Quick Connect'. That way they are also seperated from everything else.

Options could give choice between TAB label, no TAB label, or TAB custom (current TAB, or something new).

Again, this could be done in Options that gets applied to all, or could be configured in the Quick Connect area on the toolbar with another box/option.

Thanks!

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
For the quick connect, there is already a nice option. You can create your own template and use the variable $HOST$ or more specifically $QUICK_CONNECT$. For the tab label, this could be included in the template but I added it to my todo list

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

2 more small things:
- if you use the find to locate a server and did not click on it, and on the right panel you have the dashboard. try using something... it will remember the last entry you used (I think).
- the new small window that opens when you search does not work... it would not filter online, when I type something in the search it will show me the last list shown. (file attached)

bug.JPG
Clock8 yrs