Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Icon for Open Session like ShortCut Icon

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

the shortcut icon is nice, i like it smile

As is saw it, i thought of an "currently open" icon. We have some testing Machines and it is making my employes angy if they kick each other out wink

I know there is an Tab for that, but as an overlay it would be easily visible.

Greetings
Max

Clock5 yrs

Hi Max,
This has been on our todo list for many many version. Unfortunately it's not a UI issue but a performance one. We haven't found an easy way to add this without impacting the performance of RDM. What you can do is enable the warning for an opened connection. This setting is in the Log tab page of the session configuration.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

The currently open List is already there, but works only if everybode openes connection only via RDM with shared Database and not native RDP sessions:
"Capture 2013 11 25 14 33 55

Capture_2013-11-25_14-33-55.png
Clock5 yrs

Peter Cermak wrote:

The currently open List is already there, but works only if everybode openes connection only via RDM with shared Database and not native RDP sessions:

I know, as i worte: "There is an Tab for that". We are using Enterprise with Shared Database and are not rolling out to more employes. thats why we found this "problem"

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi Max,
This has been on our todo list for many many version. Unfortunately it's not a UI issue but a performance one. We haven't found an easy way to add this without impacting the performance of RDM.
What you can do is enable the warning for an opened connection. This setting is in the Log tab page of the session configuration.

Thanks, this is working. But why is this not impacting the perfomance? Becouse it is only one check? I mean is it not just a simple query on my SQL? We are all using the same Database, so there is no need to finger on the rdp connection wink

Clock5 yrs

It's because it's one check just before opening the connection. It's also only for one specific connection.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

It's because it's one check just before opening the connection. It's also only for one specific connection.

okay, i see.

There is a small bug with it, i was warned that the connection is currently in use after RDM was cold restarted. From my user on my local machine wink
edited by Max on 11/25/2013

Clock5 yrs

This is a known issue. RDM uses the logs to detect an opened application. That's why you can close it manually.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs