Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Show RDP connection type (console vs non-console)

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Would be nice to have some type of designation as to whether or not you connected via console or non-console.

For console sessions, put a (c) in front of the connection name on the TAB bar. Or an asterisk. I open a lot of connections, and it's important for me to remember which ones are console and which ones are not.

Thanks!

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Do you want this in the treeview or in dashboard?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

On the TAB of the dashboard would be nice. Thanks!

Clock8 yrs

It's already here, check in the right top corner, you will see an icon if it's in console

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Looking, both in TAB'd and external view. No icon of any kind in the top-right corner.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I suspect that you window is too small, check the print screen

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Console.png
Clock8 yrs

That's not at all what I'm talking about. I want to now how I AM connected, not how I am GOING TO connect. The icon you are talking about is based on a session setting.

I want an icon on the TAB for the live connection. If I have a session configured for non-console access, but I choose to connect to the console, regardless of session settings, I want to know.

The issue is that if I connect to 30 servers, 2 hours later, I'm not sure which ones I'm connected via console or not. That information is critical in what we do.

Thanks!

Clock8 yrs

Ok, now I understand, it's a good idea. I will add this to our feature list. What confused me is that you said in your message that you put a (c) in front the session name.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Awesome!

I was saying, as an example, to PUT a (C) in front of the sesion name. I should have said, put a (C) in front of the Dashboard TAB name. Sorry.

Thanks!

Clock8 yrs