Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Feature Request

Tooltips

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I know this is early in the Beta and is likely on the list, however tool tips on the various icons would be very useful. Resorting to guess and click to verify gets old real fast. ;-)

Clock7 yrs

Do you mean on the toolbar button?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Thanks for reading and asking! Yes, there and anywhere else there are buttons:
- The toolbar buttons. Actually took a bit of guessing to figure out what the button with an eye did. Yep, hindsight makes it obvious. However, if I'm assisting someone else with RDM over the phone having the tooltip available help verify that they are doing the same actions that I am; "Okay click on the eye icon" "...you mean the circle with the picture of the football with a clock on it?" (yep that was an actual response by someone). Saying "Click on the icon that says 'show details' when you mouse over it" is much easier. :-)
- The gear icon that shows the datasources window. Obvious that it shows you datasource details, after you click it once. Wasn't quite so obvious before hand.
- The 4 icons at the bottom of the right pane: one is 'description', one is 'sub connections', not sure what to call the other two.
- The icons in the datasources window: +, -, lock, unlock, default source, and connection details?
- When you select a group folder and click the eye toolbar button (still don't know what to call it), in the resulting window there is a password field with two buttons (show/hide password and one with a key? that I'm not sure what it does).

Basically anywhere you have a graphical widget that the user can click on, having the tooltip is extremely handy and helps the user not sound like an bleeding idiot (re-read my posting for good examples) when trying to talk about functionality. :-)

Really not trying to whine. The Beta for Mac is looking great and I have a few co-workers who are looking to start using it.
edited by HeyMerlin on 11/14/2013

Clock7 yrs

Don't worry about that. We are glad to have your suggestions. Adding tooltips is really a trivial task and this should be done soon and we the list you gave us, it's a good starting point.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

We have added tool tips everywhere that you mentioned in version 0.9.17.0 that is now available.
You can "Check for Updates" to get it.

Thank you for your feedback
edited by dhervieux on 11/20/2013

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Thanks. The tool tips look great.

One minor correction: In the data sources windows the tool tip for the gear says "Edit Data Sources" when it should probably be "Edit data source" being that you are editing only the selected source and to be consistent with the formatting of the other tips. Like I said, minor.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

It will be fixed in the next version
edited by Benoit Sansregret on 11/25/2013

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs