Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Bug Report

Teamviewer 9

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Teamviewer not running: starting from RDM two things happen:
1) teamviewer starts and wants to have a system password to modify something
2) the session is started without password

Teamviewer is running: starting a session from RDM nothing happens.

Clock7 yrs

Could you try to invoke TV from a Windows CMD?

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/91-Are-there-parameters-to-start-TeamViewer.aspx

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

David, I have started this topic in a wrong place. Sorry upset Should be moved to "RDM for MAC Bug Report"

Teamviewer 9 beta for Mac
RDM for Mac 0.9.12.0

Teamviewer can be started in a shell 'Open Teamviewer.app' but you can not pass any parameters.
edited by tonvanboven on 11/13/2013

Clock7 yrs

This is now moved

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Thanks.

I have dropped an ticket at teamviewer.com twice but still no answer.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

In version 0.9.12.0 you should be able to have your id and password fed by RDM. I tried it with teamViewer 8 and 9.
It only work when team viewer is closed otherwise it only bring Teamviewer to the front.

Behind the seen we are using a command line like that in Terminal "open -a TeamViewer --args -i 000000000 -P password

Where -i is the Partner ID and -P is the password.
We didn't find any other parameters that works

Thanks

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi Benoit,
Reply from teamviewer:

Dear Mr van Boven,

thank you for your message.

This is not implemented yet in our mac-version of TeamViewer 9, but I will forward your suggestion to our product management. Such ideas are always welcome, although I can not promise when or if this Feature will be implemented, as the decision is based on public demand. Nevertheless, your feedback is very important to us as we want to continue to develop TeamViewer based on our user's needs and demands.

If there are any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

xxx
-Support Technician-

It is not working smoothly. First of all teamviewer has to change something so you have to enter the administrator password and, as you already mentioned, teamviewer has to be closed.
Teamviewer has een API, see http://forum.devolutions.net/topic8534-teamviewer--sdk--api.aspx
http://downloadeu2.teamviewer.com/download/integrate/TeamViewer_API_Documentation.pdf

Sorry to say, but RDM for Mac is not ready to be released. It is not a Remote Desktop Manager at this stage:
- unable to start teamviewer with credentials on a smooth way (like windows), teamviewer must be stopped first, administrator rights needed
- unable to start MS RDP with credentials, after closing a session MS-RDP windows does not disappear.
- internal RDP viewer hangs

I know, a lot of work is done. Keep working on these issues please.
edited by tonvanboven on 11/14/2013

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

The team viewer integration is an issue with which our hands are tied. As you can see from the TeamViewer team answer, every suggestion is implemented based on public demand. In both Mac and Windows version of RDM, we are using command lines to control the TeamViewer app. Unfortunately, the Windows version as a more richer command line api than the Mac version.

The only solution is having more people asking to be able to control the TeamViewer app on the Mac version.

As you know we are aware of the TeamViewer API, but it doesn't help control the TeamViewer in neither the Mac or the Windows version.

For all of your other issue, we are working really hard with our partner AwakeCoding to make everything smoother and more robust.

Thank you for your continued feedback.

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs