Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository

Inventory report and populating "Information" tab

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I was REALLY hoping that pulling an inventory report (and all the info that gets pulled via WMI) would populate all the fields in the "Information Tab" (example: domain, OS, site, MAC, architecture, terminal server yes/no). However it looks like that is not the case. Ive been in contact with Maurice Cote and he suggested I post something here.

I wonder if this can be power scripted. Ive taken a look at some of the scripts so far but I find they dont cover all the fields in the "information" tab. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
-G

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Thank you for your post. I already have that on my todo list. We hope to improve this particular aspect of the application soon.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Fantastic! That's great news.

One thing you may want to consider. Once you are able to populate those fields, how about allowing me to choose my own columns in the group/folder view so I can choose things like IP Address, VM (yes no), etc etc.

One more thing. Gotta say, this product has to be the best on the market. Keep up the great work!
edited by Innsanctum on 11/6/2013
edited by Innsanctum on 11/6/2013

Clock7 yrs

Was there any update on pulling the inventory report information into the Information tab automatically?

Clock6 yrs

This is not implemented yet. It's still on our todo list.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Any word on this one guys?

Clock6 yrs

It's still on our todo list but I can't give you a timeframe. We have other priority for now like the AD sync first.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Any word on this?

Clock5 yrs

Nothing new for now.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Uhg.

Clock5 yrs

+1 On this, would be good to have

Clock5 yrs

Really to bad, that after 2 years this option is not implemented. Would be really awesome!

Clock5 yrs

We tried once to implement this but without success. I will double check to see if there is anything we can do.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Isnt it possible to make a SQL insert after the inventory Report is done? You've the fields already

I mean the insert could be done manually, like "press this button to insert the values" maybe there could a option to select the software you want to insert.
especially a field for serial number would be awesome!
the WMI query is simple.. "wmic bios get serialnumber"

This Feature is pretty awesome and i guess its one of the biggest because it simplifies your reports and inventorys

Clock5 yrs

I don't remember what was the problem but at least we could start with these values.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

In the next version of RDM, in the information tab of an entry, there will be a button to fill out informations using WMI. It fills out the same information from the inventory report if applicable to the information tab.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

TOP information! Glad to hear that!!

Can't wait for the next version smile

Is it possible to modify the wmi query? Maybe for the custom fields? That would be awesome

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
I will enter a feature request for the custom WMI but this won't be in RDM 11 for sure

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Happy day!

Clock5 yrs

Also add the following if possible:

• Run in background
  • Run on multiple instances
  • Run with defined credentials

Clock5 yrs

Hi, the IP address is missing from the inventory report, even though all the other fields on the General tab are included.

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

You should see the IP address if you select the Network Adapters option when generating the report. It will be located under that section. Can you tell us if it works with that option?

We'll also put the IP you can enter manually in the first section.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

I'm not seeing where to select that. I go to administration->Reoprts->General->Entry Information, and then get this screen. report

Thanks,

report.JPG
Clock4 yrs

Sorry I misunderstood, I didn't think you were using the entry information report. We'll add this to the report.

If you want to try out the inventory report, which contains more information, you can either create an inventory report entry or select an existing entry with a valid host and credentials, and in the dashboard in the "Macro/Script/Tool" tab, there should be a button for "Inventory report".

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs