Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Tooltips from Visionapp

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

We recently migrated from Visionapp to RDM and are trying to make the transition as easy as possible for everyone. One thing we miss from Visionapp is the tooltips that would display on sessions and folders when mousing over then in the navigation pane. We use these to provide domain and business unit info for each of the folders.

I wasn't able to find it in RDM, so thats why it's being posted here.

Attached is a screen shot from Visionapp to show what we are looking for.

My thought is to add a check box "show as tooltip" for one of already created text boxes in the properties. (IE, description or notes)

Thanks,
Matt

SS.jpg
Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Does this tooltip is custumizable in the session setting?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Im sorry, I dont understand the question.

Clock6 yrs

When you edit the session in VisionApp, do you have a field to enter a tooltip?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Yes, attached file SS2 shows what you would see from Visionapp when editing the folder in this case.

In SS3, you can see what the tooltip looks like with multiple lines (if that helps at all)

ss3.jpg
ss2.jpg
Clock6 yrs

Ok,
It's not a specific field but the description instead. So if I put the description in a tooltip, it could be good enough?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

yeah that would be great!

Clock6 yrs

Done! This will be in the next update

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thank you for including this in the 9.0.5.0 update, and it is working for entries (session, credentials, so on) but not for folders. Can this be done so the tooltips display for folders as well? Or am I missing something and it is working for you?

-Matt

Clock6 yrs

I will add it for groups.

Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs