Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

screen rendering and mouse pointer

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

OS X Mavericks

Now when I can connect to server with RMD I noticed that rendering of screen can have problems.
For example windows explorer window isn't completely shown.

Also I have problem with mouse because I can't click for example on start button or any icon on taskbar.
Like what I see on monitor and location which is sent to remote machine is different.

Regards,
Darko Bazulj
http://triton-grupa.hr

Clock6 yrs

I have noticed the same issues, as well as some ghosting and screen artifacts.

The mouse pointer issue doesn't seem to exist when running the RDP session in full screen, but the above issues definately is.

Daniel

Clock6 yrs

I can confirm that if I go to full screen that mouse pointer is working.

Regards,
Darko Bazulj

Clock6 yrs

Is it possible to take a screen shot of the rendering problem and share it here?

You can take a screenshot of the selected area with [Cmd]-[Shift]-[4] and then select the area to grab.

Thanks, Richard

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

1. connection is always opened in embedded mode even I set External & Full screen.
2. When I try to close/log off when I'm in full screen mode windows isn't closed, sometimes crush and if I try to connect to same machine I see only blue screen.

3. I attached screen shoots.
22.09 & 22.21 are not in full screen and there you can see very well problem with screen.
22.37 is in full screen and there screen is better.
edited by Darko on 11/4/2013

Regards,
Darko Bazulj

Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 22.09.07.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 22.21.23.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 22.37.08.png
rdm-crash-closing-connection.txt
Clock6 yrs

Thanks for following up. We will look into this

Thanks, Richard

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Darko Bazulj wrote:

Now when I can connect to server with RMD I noticed that rendering of screen can have problems.
For example windows explorer window isn't completely shown.

Can you provide a few more details on this? Mostly I’m interested in what kind of servers you are connecting to (especially the OS). Do you see this same problems on different remote OSes? Or maybe there is a pattern (for instance, maybe you see problems on Windows Server 2008 but not on Windows Server 2012).

Darko Bazulj wrote:

Also I have problem with mouse because I can't click for example on start button or any icon on taskbar.
Like what I see on monitor and location which is sent to remote machine is different.

We have released a new version (0.9.5.0) and I made a fix for mouse scaling issues. Please can you re-test this on the new version and let me know if it persists? smile

Darko Bazulj wrote:

connection is always opened in embedded mode even I set External & Full screen.

‘External’ mode is not supported on the Mac for the current moment. We leave the option exposed in the UI incase a user brings in their Windows data source, and they have that option set. For now, ‘External’ just opens in embedded mode. You can select ‘Undocked’ and it will launch in a new window, or you can launch in external/embedded and undock the tab by simply dragging it out of the window.

Darko Bazulj wrote:

When I try to close/log off when I'm in full screen mode windows isn't closed, sometimes crush and if I try to connect to same machine I see only blue screen.

0.9.5.0 contains a number of stability to fixes, I would be most grateful if you could try the new version and let me know if the problems still occurs.

Thanks, Richard

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I would like to mention that I'm on version 0.9.7.0 and I'm seeing the same rending problems as mentioned above. I'm connecting from OS X Mavericks and the target servers are Windows 2003 R2 and Windows 2008 R2.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

Do you have smart sizing enabled for the connection? Can you try turning if off? I'm aware of some issues with artefacts when using that option.

Thanks, Richard

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Smart sizing is not enabled for any of my RDP sessions but "fit embedded RDP window" is.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

today I installed ver. 0.9.11.0

I tested with Win2003, 2008, 2012

I still see problem with mouse in embedded mode.
Now when I start in embedded mode mouse started to do work well but minute or two latter window freeze and I can only close the tab.

Same thing with screen rendering.
I've unchecked "smart sizing is enabled".

Now when I set display to external and try to open session I see error "Unable to find mstcs.exe, Microsoft remote desktop client".
After I installed new "Microsoft Remote Desktop" it started to open window in that application.
But for me Microsoft remote desktop doesn't work because it crashing constantly.
I also found reported problem on microsoft
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/869ee89c-0b04-4837-872b-ed87d114179f/constantly-crashing?forum=winRDc

In undocked(full screen) everything looks fine with mouse and screen rendering but I noticed that I can't close window instead I must close RDM to do that.

Regards,
Darko Bazulj

Clock6 yrs

This issue is happening very randomly. This morning I opened one single RDP session and the application froze within 3 minutes. I was running version 0.9.10.0. I upgrade it to 0.9.11.0 and tested it again without facing the issue. This doesn't mean it is fixed though.

Clock6 yrs

Darko Bazulj wrote:

In undocked(full screen) everything looks fine with mouse and screen rendering but I noticed that I can't close window instead I must close RDM to do that.

In undocked/full screen, what prevents you from closing the window? If you move your cursor to the top of the screen, the menu bar will drop in. There is a blue icon in the top-right corner that you can use to come out of full screen, then close the window normally.

FYI we are working on improving this workflow - we will add our own menu at the top to allow you to directly disconnect and close the window.

Thanks, Richard

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi Richard,

I stand corrected, I can close window like you said.

Regards,
Darko Bazulj

Clock6 yrs

don't where to report next problem.
I'm regularly logged off from forum or if try to post message it is posted as guest.

I use Chrome and I see same behaviour on OSX and Win8.

Regards,
Darko Bazulj

Clock6 yrs

I will verify what could be the problem. It's strange because the forum is configured to disallow the guest post.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

I've made a fix in the latest version (0.9.17.0) which corrects some issues with smart sizing / scaling of remote sessions.

Perhaps you can try with this version and let me know whether the rendering issues are still occurring when resizing a scaled connection smile

Thanks, Richard

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Richard, can you check my post on the other thread about this issue? I had also added an screenshot. I know is version 0.9.16.0 but I wanted to share that with you.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

OS X : 10.9.2
RDM : 0.9.60.0

I must say that RDM is now working pretty fine and I don't see any more rendering issues smile
But I noticed that RDP connection just stops responding from time to time.
I tried to do reconnect but that crash RDM.

I also have installed microsoft remote desktop application(MRD) ver. 8.0.5 and I use RDM + external display and don't see any issues.

I also noticed that MRD is working little faster and smoother.

Suggestion/request : can you maybe add option like "open in external display if on OS X and MRD installed"

I ask this because on windows I always use embedded windows and all connections are configured like that and would like to avoid changing all that on Mac.

Regards,
Darko bazulj

Regards,
Darko Bazulj

Clock6 yrs

Hi Darko,
We use the FreeRDP and Microsoft use is own implementation. We are working hard the FreeRDP team to improve the speed. They will implement soon another compression codec that should help with the performance.

I will enter a feature request to add this option, it's a good idea.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs