Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Feature Request

Does new MS RD app change the game for RDM?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I know that it's really new but did you guys have a chance to look at the new and pretty feature-full Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac app and how it could be used by RDM?

I know that FreeRDP is pretty good but if MS is really committed to bring the Mac version of RDP on par feature-wise with the Windows client, it could be a lot easier to have access to new features and would probably (maybe? wink) be more stable.

Not really a feature request but more of a general question smile
edited by ekred on 11/2/2013

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
This is a good point but you have to understand the goal of RDM. It's really to create a manager for your different connections and credentials. It's really to centralize everything in one database. For that reason we will check if we can integrate the new Microsoft tool like what we did for Windows with mstsc. The tricky part is most of the time related to passing the password to the client.

On the other hand, Devolutions is working in close relationship with Awake Coding, the company behind FreeRDP and we plan to eventually even enhance the RDP experience. Marc André Moreau and I have a lot of ideas to improve and simplify the Remote Desktop usage.
edited by dhervieux on 11/5/2013

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Oh, that's really cool! Keep up the good work!

Clock7 yrs

Microsoft is too late in the game for me to use their app, I'll gladly pay Devolutions for BOTH licenses if they keep up the excellent work.

Clock7 yrs

Thank you. By the way do you know that your Remote Desktop Manager for Windows includes the Mac OSX license?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I do, I've already licensed the Mac beta with the Windows Key Big Grin

Clock7 yrs