Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Private Vault not available in offline mode?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

When I go into offline mode, the private vault tab disappears - and I can't access my private vault sessions. Why is this?

Thanks,
Ryan

Clock7 yrs

This is not supported for now but it's already on our todo list.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

David,

Any update on when you guys might add this? This is the #1 issue for our team using this product. (We work quite often in disconnected mode while we are on customer sites). Right now, most of my folks are using their own local datasource because of this, which defeats the entire purpose of having a shared data source - and we really aren't able to leverage the product like we had hoped (or thought).

Thanks,
Ryan

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Have you tried RDM 9.0.12.0? If I remember correctly this was added but I can't find it in the change history

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

David,

The private vault offline mode still is not working properly for me - even after the 9.1.0 update (where it specifically says it's supported). If I start the program while connected, and then go offline - that seems to work fine. But, if I start RDM without a connection, and immediately go offline (which is the normal use case), then it does not work. The private vault button shows at the top, when when you click on it, nothing happens.

Please advise. My company has been waiting patiently for this feature since we purchased it a few months ago.

Thank you.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I will report this to Stefane. He try to investigate. Thank you for your patience.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thanks David,

I appreciate the quick followup!

Clock6 yrs

I can't reproduce the error, tried with the "prompt for offline on startup" option and with my SQL Server service stopped. In both cases the private vault as available. All is not lost we still have things we can look at. Could you please verify a few things for me.

- Do you have anything in your log file (Help -> View application logs) if so please attach/private-message/email(slavergne(at)devolutions(dot)net) me the content of the logs.
- Could you send me your data source information (View -> My Data Source Information)
1+27+2014+1+36+04+PM

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

1-27-2014 1-36-04 PM.jpg
Clock6 yrs

I think I just reproduced it... I will keep you posted.

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Yep I can repro. It doesn't work with RDMS, I was testing with a SQL Server data source :-(

I will get back to you as soon as I have something.

Regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Resolved.

Download the version here: http://download.devolutions.net/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.9.1.0.0.zip

The file versions didn't change, simply extract content of the zip into your local RDM installation directory.

Regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Stefane,

It works perfectly now. Thanks!

When can I expect this to make it into an official release so that I can repackage using the custom installer service and distribute an update to my teams?

Ryan

Clock6 yrs

Stefane,
Could you verify with André if the fix made it in the custom installer. I know the we had postponed it to squeeze some last minute fixes and I think that this one is included.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

v9.1 custom installer is now available.

Regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs