Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

iLO - Be able to select different bowser

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi

I've got a request in the iLO field (Tools -> Management Tools) to be able to select a different type of browser.
I've got a new IBM server which has the new IMM v2 (aka IBM iLO) which is very web based and they only pretty much support Firefox and Chrome, no IE. Whereas some other servers only really work with IE.

thanks

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I already have on my todo the task to enhance the iLO with more settings like the credentials management. I could easily add the browser as well. In the meantime the workaround would be to create a sub connection (web type)

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Please also add the discovery of iLO. Either via PSexec, WSman, SNMP, WMI, or just a simple port scan. That would be super cool not to enter in 300+ servers by hand.

Clock6 yrs

Could you give more detail on how to get the credentials to work with the ilo.
You mention sub connections, but I'm not sure the exact process, as we just purchased the product.
Is there more detail somewhere on how to do this?

Thanks

Clock5 yrs

I'd personally like to see the ability to select an iLO from an already-existing session. Basically an association between the session that connects to the system and the iLO that's built within RDM.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
I was talking about creating a sub connection with the web browser type. You could also create a generic session tool and use some custom variables to send the parameters.

@Guy

We will eventually extend the session to allow more iLO customization within the entry directly.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Any time frame on when we will see those features rolled out

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
I was talking about creating a sub connection with the web browser type. You could also create a generic session tool and use some custom variables to send the parameters.

@Guy

We will eventually extend the session to allow more iLO customization within the entry directly.

Clock5 yrs

I will try to work on that during the Holidays

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs