Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

RDP Log Off

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Don't know if this is possible, bur I would really love a "Log Off" especially for RDP connections, and a similar Log Off Group.

Thanks,
Ole Thomsen

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
It's not directly possible, but if you have the right access, it will be possible to call shutdown.exe. We have a session addon in development for that. We hope to have the time to release in the next few weeks.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

David, via psexec tool, you can call appropriate fucntions to either log off sessions or whatever. could something like this be inmplemeted, to log off rdp sessions

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I already found a way of doing that, by using the Terminal API. It's now on my todo list. Also, in the latest beta, it's now possible to call PSExec (via the session tools) but I don't know how we could logoff with that because it's not executed necessarily in your session. Maybe you have an idea?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

the idea is that when you attempt to connect to a particular box/server, you can't as rdp sessions are in use or maxed out. the process would be to get a rdp/sessons list for a particualr server, just like how the royal ts does. then it'll ist the sessions and will show you active/disconnected sessions and then you can select a session to log off.

psexec;

C:\psexec \\ServerName -u Domain\UserID cmd

here ServerName was the name of the remote server I needed to access and Domain UserID was the username I wanted to use to log on to that server. The cmd argument told PsExec to launch an interactive command-prompt session on that server.

Query Session command:

Query Session

The output showed the user IDs of the administrators who were connected to the server. I was then able to use the following Logoff commands with the administrators’ IDs to log off those administrators:
Logoff 2
Logoff 3
Afterward, I reran the Query Session command to see if those administrators were logged off. The Logoff commands were successful.

above from; http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/remote-computing/psexec-to-the-rescue.aspx

other links;
http://v3.code4ward.net/main/Support/Forum/tabid/61/forumid/4/threadid/215/scope/posts/Default.aspx

Clock8 yrs

Therefore the log off group shoud enumerate the servers in that group and log off each session on either all sessions to that server or based on a particualr username connection

Clock8 yrs