Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Credential Repository request

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,
Not sure if this is in the works, but if not would like to request it.
If we are running against a SQL can we have a Credential Repository per user? That way we have the servers all listed and under each server each user can place their Repository as the sign in. its saved against the SQL on a per user basis, That way we can still use the main function of the Repository (e just change my admin pswd on the my respository.

Also maybe a feature that will allow some of the setting to be per user or global (ie i may want a server to be in external mode, but another user wanted it to be in tab mode or some of the custom options under the display tab and local resources tab.

I realize this is a lot to ask, but 1 can ask!

thanks

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
It's already possible to set some settings user specific with RDP and also for the credential. The per user repository is a good idea but little more work than what I was planning for the next release. I wanted to add a local credential repository that you can use to connect.

I will think about that and see what I can do. For sure, it will be a nice addition to the product.

Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
Maybe I have a very simple solution: add the possibillity to a add a security group to a credential set.
It's a only a small change and I think many people will be happy with it.

I had a look at the Connections table in SQL and found that a credential connection has no 'SecurityGroup'.
So what I did:
- Create a Credential Set
- Create a Security Group in Remote Desktop Manager
- Go to SQL Server Management Studio and open the RDM database
- Retreive the rows of the 'GroupInfo' table and copy the ID from the created Security Group
- Edit the row of the Credential Set in the 'Connections' table and paste the ID into the SecurityGroup column

When a RDM user is not member of the security group, he won't be able to see or use the credential even if he has access to a connection that uses the Credential Set.
You can create a security group per user and only give that user access to the security group.
<em>edited by triplea on 11/22/2010</em>

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Yes, I think that a good starting point, I will see if I can add this for the next update. Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs