Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - AddOns

PDF Addon only works with Acrobat Reade ?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
I've installed PDF addon, but I have pdf xchange viewer, not Adobe Acorbat Reader. It seems the addon doesn't works because doesn't find the application. Would be better if we could choose the pdf reader into the addon.

Thanks you
regards,
Davide

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
Do you know if pdf xchange viewer offers an ActiveX? If not there is nothing I can do.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

dhervieux wrote:

Hi,
Do you know if pdf xchange viewer offers an ActiveX? If not there is nothing I can do.

Is seems yes. Please see here http://www.tracker-software.com/company/news_press_events/view/64

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
We found it this just after I posted the message. André is looking at it, it seems that it will be possible to add it.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

Hello.
Can you try this new version please ?
I adapted the code to try to call PDF Xchange Viewer if Acrobate Reader is not present.

André

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

PDFAddOn.zip
Clock10 yrs

ASanscartier wrote:

Hello.
Can you try this new version please ?
I adapted the code to try to call PDF Xchange Viewer if Acrobate Reader is not present.

André

Hi,
Thanks for your job, but for me doesn't works. I'm using 5.8.3.12 beta version of RDM, and in the attached screenshot you can see the result of my PDF session: in the session panel I see the PDF icon on a grey background, instead of the file.

Thank you,
Regards, Davide
edited by dadep on 10/20/2010
<em>edited by dadep on 10/20/2010</em>

screenshot.jpg
Clock10 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for your time.
What is the version of PDF XChange Viewer installed ?
Is it the PRO version because it's not the same ddl.
Is it doing that with all pdf ?

Regards
André

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

Yes, I have the pro version. I have tried with a couple of pdf files, and the behavior is the same.

thank you
<em>edited by dadep on 10/21/2010</em>

Clock10 yrs

Hello,
I added the "PDF-XChange Viewer Pro" option in the configuration. Please try it and come back to me. I don't have the Pro version and I'm not able to test it here.
Thanks a lot
André

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

PDFAddOn[1].zip
Clock10 yrs

Hello,
It doesn't works for me. Below the error message generated when I launch the session (sorry, but have italian o.s.).

TargetInvocationException - Eccezione generata dalla destinazione di una chiamata.

in System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
in System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
in System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
in System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
in AxPDFXCviewAxLib.AxCoPDFXCview.OpenDocument(String sourceFileName)
in RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.PDFAddOn.FreEmbeddedPDFXViewerPro.Connect()
in Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedAddOn.Connect()
in Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.EmbeddedViewManager.OpenEmbedded(FreEmbeddedView frame, Connection connection, Boolean isConnected, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode, Image image)
in Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.EmbeddedViewManager.Open(Connection connection, FreEmbeddedView frame, Boolean isConnected, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode, Boolean undocked, Image image)
in Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Connectors.EmbeddedConnector.Connect(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
in Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
in Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnections(Connection[] connectionList, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
in Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ActionManager.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
in Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreBaseConnectionView.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
in Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreConnectionTreeView.tvList_NodeMouseDoubleClick(Object sender, TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnNodeMouseDoubleClick(TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
in Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Controls.TreeViewXP.WndProc(Message& message)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

------------------------------------------

COMException - Errore irreparabile (Eccezione da HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

in PDFXCviewAxLib.IPDFXCview2.OpenDocument(String SourceFileName, String OpenPassword, Int32& ID, Int32 Flags)

Clock10 yrs

Hello,
I did make a new application to make a test.
can you try it please. juste put the files in a directory and start the exe.
There is 2 buttons please try both of them.
Thank you
André

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

PDF-XChange Viewer.zip
Clock10 yrs

I have tried.
The button OPEN#1 generate the attached error. The button OPEN#2 do nothing.

thanks

debug.txt
Clock10 yrs

Hi,
For a reason we don't understand, the ActiveX does not work. The André's application is very simple and it appear that the ActiveX is unable to open a simple PDF document. The only thing I see is a mismatch of version. Do you have the latest version of PDF-XChange ?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

Hello,
Now I am making my tests with the PDF-XChange Pro 4.0 (free version) and it is still working fine here.
PDFTools (v 4.0.187.0)
PDF-Change Viewer (v 2.0.57.0)
What are you using please ?
André

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

Hello,

I've tried with another pc with pdf-Xchange and your add-on is working. Now I try to reinstall pdf viewer on the other computer.

thank you again for your job.
Regards,
Davide

Clock10 yrs