Hi,

I see in the SDK manual that there is SessionAddOnEditMode numerating various types of edit modes.

How can I implement bulk edit in my AddOn? Where is this enum used?

Regards,

Sjoerd

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
The enum value is here only to be compatible with the one used in the application. The bulk edit is not available yet in the SDK. This is something that we have on our list.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

No documentation on the SDK updates, but should this already be in the latest 5.9.0.10 build perhaps?

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
This is not in the SDK yet. I was not sure for this one.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Not sure? You mean, you're in doubt to even build this feature?
Well, we use RDM for two types of clients. RDP and Proxy.
When I have to change an admins login credentials, for the Proxy Add-On I have to open every single session... I would be very welcome to change my Proxy Add-On so that it can implement the dropdown of the global credentials sets.

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I was not sure if I will have the time to finish this one for the release, but I will try.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

What I also meant is that it would also be very nice to have this in the SDK available: http://forum.devolutions.net/topic746-use-credential-repos-with-custom-addon.aspx

Thanks!

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

For the credentials, it's now possible : check the interface ISessionAddOn3

SupportCredentials : must return true

and you must implements this 3 methods
string SetDomain(string parameters, string domain);
string SetPassword(string parameters, string password);
string SetUserName(string parameters, string userName);

You must set the username, domain and password to you parameters. These methods will be called just before the connection. By the way you can now derive from BaseSessionAddOn3

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

David,

I'm deriving from BaseSessionAddOn3. Used this code, but it does not work. Any help would be appreciated.

public class ProxySessionAddOn : BaseSessionAddOn3

public override bool SupportCredentialRepository
{
get
{
return true;
}
}
public override string SetDomain(string parameters, string domain)
{
var proxyConfiguration = ProxyConfiguration.FromXml(parameters);
proxyConfiguration.Domain = domain;
return proxyConfiguration.ToXml();
//return base.SetDomain(parameters, domain);
}
public override string SetPassword(string parameters, string password)
{
proxyConfiguration.Password = password;
//return base.SetPassword(parameters, password);
}
public override string SetUserName(string parameters, string userName)
{
proxyConfiguration.Username = userName;
//return base.SetUserName(parameters, userName);
}

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

Everything seems ok, what happen ? The credentials are not set correctly or not set at all ? You choose a credential entry in the combo?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Well, what happens is that my Proxy session asks for username and password. That should be passed to the CLI coming from the parameters of the ConnectExternal Method.
When I put a messagebox before connecting with the parameters then the paramters only show the username and password from the session specific values.

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Sorry, it's my mistake. The SupportCredentials property is used for the batch edit, to change the user name and password. To support the credential repository, it's another property: SupportCredentialRepository.

Just return true for this one also.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

That's what I am already using.... Read some posts back (the code)

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

I really don't understand, I just did a test with the SQL Server Add-on and I receive the call. I tried with the latest version with a default credential repository and with a LastPass entry. The only think that might be the problem, is the SupportCredentials must return true also.
<em>edited by dhervieux on 1/10/2011</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

You can send me your addon compiled if you want me to verify.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Yes, seems like it needs both SupportCredentials and SupportCredentialRepository to be true. But the password is not applied. Only domain and username are coming trough... Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

I think that I will need your add-on, because the password is applied for me.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

I figured it out. You are setting the password unencrypted and my connectexternal defaults to decrypt the password. Solution is to encrypt it before .ToXML().

Thanks.

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

David,

Bulk editing the credentials works also perfect. However the bulk edit session gives me the message stating that this tool doesn't support it. How can I make Proxy AddOn support it? Is these even available in the SDK yet?

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

This is the last feature I have to implements for the release of the SDK 2.0. I hope to finish that Friday. The problem is that I'm currently in a big internal code refactoring to introduce the next features. I hope to finish tomorrow and come back on the SDK after that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Great, I'll wait with release the new Proxy Addon as well...

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs