Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - SDK

All tools disappear using IApplicationToolAddOn

Hi,

Just extended my AddOn to be able to call the Application from the tool menu drop down.

When adding a class that implements IApplicationToolAddOn and configuring the Execute methods and also giving this AddOn a unique ID, when opening the application no tool is visible.

What could this be?

Regards,

Sjoerd

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
What drop down menu are you talking about? Can you send me a print screen of the one you were talking about ?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Not really a dropdown. I meant the menu 'Tools'. The only items appearing are 'Open New Remote Desktop...' and 'Configure Remote Desktop Local Port'.

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I reproduce it and already fixed it:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.5.8.3.5.exe

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

The Tool part is working but now RDM has trouble connecting to the datasource.

[4-10-2010 16:44]ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.SecurityManager.get_Provider()

at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.LoadConnections(BaseConnectionDataSource connectionDataSource)

at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.RefreshConnections()

at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainBase.RefreshAllConnectionView(Boolean saveState, Boolean checkOnline)

at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainDockable.tmFirstLoad_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Can you tell me what type of data source you are using ?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Microsoft SQL

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I uploaded a new build, can you give it a try. I overwritten the last version.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Thanks David, problem solved and my tool is added to the list.
Cheers!
Sjoerd

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock8 yrs