Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Web-XML data source?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Would it be possible to make the XML datastore, also be a URL?

We would like to publish an XML file via a URL instead of on a Windows Share, and it would make it very handy to have this option instead of just the standard windows dialog?

If this feature exists, and I'm not configuring correctly... Could you perhaps point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
PS) Your product is seriously awesome, you do very very impressive work.

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
If you decide to use an xml, it will only be readonly, is it a problem ? The only solution in short term, is to use Amazon S3 data source. You will be able to save and load an xml file.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

No, that wouldn't be a problem. We are mainly looking to be able to publish a masterfile for individuals to use, and then for modification of said file, to only happen by one person from a single location...

But this way it's easy to publish a new file for people to use, and submit additions/changes. Just currently the problem, is that it only allows SMB/CIFS and we'd like to use an HTTP URL for the file, instead of a fileshare.
<em>edited by gskjelstad on 11/17/2010</em>

Clock9 yrs

Ok,
I added this to our todo list. You can try our new Remote Destktop Manager Online, you will be able to save your session directly on the Internet. thank you.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs