Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - SDK

Example for embedded session?

Hi,

I build a new AddOn for Proxy Networks' Proxy Host sessions. Is there an example available how to setup a custom AddOn using the CreateEmbeddedFrame method?

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I don't have an example on the web site, but it's simple. You must ensure to override the property SupportEmbedded:

public override bool SupportEmbedded
{
get
{
return true;
}
}

And return a UserControl (like it's done for the configuration editor).

public override IEmbeddedSessionUserControl CreateEmbeddedFrame(string parameters)
{
return new MyUserControl();
}

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Thanks,

I will give it a shot!

Cheers!

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock9 yrs

Hi,

i'm trying to do the same. I've overrided the property SupportEmbedded and created an User Control, and declared the methods Setup, Connect and close, although i don't know what to do with them. I've just started to work with C# last week so i'm a bit lost.
When I try to open a tabbed instance of my application RDM crashes because i'm not creating a connection properly.
If anyone could post an example of how to create an embedded session it would be very helpfull.

Thanks.

Clock7 yrs

Sorry for the delay, I completely missed you post. Have you found the solution?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I have been banging my head on this one as well and have tried to locate examples with no luck. If someone could provide example source for embedded sessions or tools, it would greatly be appreciated. (I am on day 27 of my 30 day trial and trying to identify if this meets all of my needs -- looking good so far)

BTW: I am working with SDK 2.0

Clock7 yrs