Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

LogMeIn, RSS links when security code enabled

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

My LogMeIn account is set up to require a security code to be entered at every login to the main site, which I receive by email. Normally though with the RSS links in my browser I am taken straight to the machine's login page without a code being generated at all.

However, the same RSS link when used in RDM (v9) causes a brief access to the main page prompting a code to be generated before then automatically taking me to my machine (so the code isn't needed). I shouldn't get the code sent to my email on these occasions.

Hope that makes sense.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I do know exactly what we can do. Could you try to create web session type with the url directly?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
I do know exactly what we can do. Could you try to create web session type with the url directly?

Sorry for the delay in responding.

If you mean using the shortcut off LMI Central for the computer itself, it does the same except doesn't take me to the dashboard - I'm left with the window asking for my security code.

If however you meant the link off the main RSS page, then that's what I am already using.

Clock7 yrs

Could you do a view source and find the html element related to the code entry? You could setup the auto fill in the web page entry

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Could you do a view source and find the html element related to the code entry? You could setup the auto fill in the web page entry

Makes no difference as that's what I've basically done. If I look at the source of the RSS feed and get the link, using Firefox directly I am taken to the page where I log in before then going to the dashboard. The same link through RDM and I get the LMI login/security code which then automatically takes me to the same as Firefox did, except I get an email with the security code I don't need.

Clock7 yrs

Do you open it in embedded mode?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Do you open it in embedded mode?

Yes it is.

I just tried it on my Windows 7 PC (the latest update to RDM) and it seems to be okay - will try again later on my original laptop (running Windows 8.1) when I get access to it.

Clock7 yrs