Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Batch Edit Feature

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi there,

I would really like to see the ability to batch edit the connection 'Information' tab. As an example we have someone who is the system owner of a number of servers. When that person changes we have to update their contact information on anywhere between 1 and 30 connections.

Also something along the same lines, being able to apply a template to an existing connection. This would be my preferred solution as it would enable bulk updates of many options with only making one change.

Cheers
James
<em>edited by Refractive on 8/9/2010</em>

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I added a feature request for the version 6.0. Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Just checking to see if this is still on track for 6.0? I had to recently edit a PILE of sessions, including the "More", "VPN", and "Information" tabs. It took forever to do them one at a time.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
You are lucky, it's already available in the beta. As usual, you should do a backup before.
<em>edited by dhervieux on 1/31/2011</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Yeah, so I'm seeing this as really buggy. If I select a bunch, and override, and edit one field, fields (such as "description") end up being changed. Only the fields that are edited when bulk editing should be changed.

Also, some fields should not be able to be changed in batch, such as the iLO field. Those fields are unique per server.
<em>edited by 58sniper on 2/13/2011</em>

Clock8 yrs