Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Userspecific Credential Store

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

The new feature for the credential store is a great feature. May you can also add this feature to the user specific settings?

What I like to to is to store my credentials only once in the RDM Database and all other credentials of the my colleques as well. But every one of us has to use his own account to login (security policy). To solve this it would be great if I can override for every user the credential by selecting the needed account.

Would be a great help.
Thank you for the outstanding work that you did in the past.
Best regards
Dirk

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
You're right, I will try to add this for the next version.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

May another point going into the same area:
If you choose the "Select on Open" option for an RDP Session. It would be a goooooooood idea if I can hide some of the credentialsupset

In my point of view there is a MUST to have security (may you can solve this by the already used group?) on the credentials.

If I can just give the right to every user self by adding a group (or a Tag as an other user already asked for) to a specific credential we can easy allow the users to just select on start the right credential.
At time of implementation of this feature it would be a smart idea that you automatically take the first one (if only one is visible for the user) and not even ask for itsmile.

May this can solve my request at least to 80%.

Best regards Dirk
<em>edited by dide on 7/27/2010</em>

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
You're right, we should be able to hide some credentials with security group and it's important. I entered a feature request with a high priority.

Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
did you have any update on this?
I just saw that the last version do have variable support on the credential store but I do not understand if this is the "key" to solve the problem or just for another reason.
May with a "smart" choose of the variable we can solve the problem but I do not understand the variables at the moment and the help did not give an answer on that point.

Best regards Dirk

Clock9 yrs

dide wrote:

But every one of us has to use his own account to login (security policy). To solve this it would be great if I can override for every user the credential by selecting the needed account.
We also have to log on using our own named admin accounts and solve this by storing the credentials locally. But you are right: if a complete user rights database was implemented, this would be much more smooth. Also the batch edit change user credentials automatically stores in database - but I don´t want to store my password in database so that all my colleagues can connect using my credentials :-(
<em>edited by Fossy777 on 10/11/2010</em>

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
The variable is not the solution. The real solution is not implemented and it's still high. I will try to add this very quickly. We are working hard on enhancing our security model and this fit perfectly in current roadmap.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi again,
I also want to add a local credential repository, not shared by everyone and only available on the current machine.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Good idea! When will the new features be available?

Clock9 yrs

Any news about this for 5.9?
Best regards Dirk

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
We are still working on enhancing this part of our application, we hope to release something new in the next minor update.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Great that you could improve in the current Beta 5.9.0.19 the credential store (okay may you addet it earlier :-) but I just realised now)
it's exact what I like to have and I need. Thanks a lot.

Just one small wish more :-)
Can we also have the possiblitiy to choose the credential out of the credentitial store on the user specific settins?
The override of credentials is only possible by typing it in and if I have some servers it can take a while. It would be perfect if we can instead of typing username / password just select one of the credentials.

Then I can easy just change my password once and everything is still working.

GREAT WORK my friends.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
If you assign a credential entry to the session, you can go to this credential entry and override it directly. This mean that if you credential entry is assigned to many sessions, you can override it once. Is it what you mean ?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

The idea is that you can
- once define the credentials
- using many times as override in the credentials.
So we only use a "linked ID" and not many times username and password.

If you extend the screen with the overrides for user specific sessions with an option override credentials from credential store and then I can choose my credential would be perfect.
smile In any case the last step is already a big step forward and this request is just the point of the i :-)

Clock8 yrs

Hi,

I had the same issue and i found a solution to bypass it...

First you will create a new generic "credential entry" and leave authentication informations at blank.
After that, each user can set his specific credentials on this entry, using "Edit credential entry (user specific)" on the credential entry.
Then, configure your RDP sessions credentials to use "Credential repository" and select the generic credential entry that you have created before.

It's done ! each user is able to open a RDP session with his own credentials.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
This is a great way of solving the problem until I update the application.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
if I do so - what if my credentials change? Can everybody of my team change his password anytime and everything will keep working? Does batch change of credentials work with this solution?
Cheers, Jochen

Clock8 yrs

Thanks to Oliver for the solution.
I'm quite happy with this so in my oppinion we even can wait much longer with the final implementation as we do have a working work arround.
Thank you Dirk

Clock8 yrs

@Fossy777

If you change your credential, there is no impact on the other user if you use the User Specific Settings. The batch edit is not supported for now for the User Specific Settings. But if you use the credential entry, you only have one place to change and all the linked session will use your new credentials.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
so this is not a solution in general - it is a solution for a few or single defined system(s) only. We have to use personal admin accounts to lon on all servers. If my passord expires, I have to change it on every server. This is very annoying, especially every time when I have to do it and see the option of batch change passwords in central database...

Clock8 yrs

Hmm, why you think you will have to change the password many times?

You really set the RDP setting to the generic credential and just override for every user the credential informations?

- We using this to manage over 100 Windows Servers and I will have to change (override) my password only once per domain in the credential store!
- even we using 5 different domains and we are working now with 5 generic credential entries and for every computer we just set the right credential entry
hope this helps
Dirk

Clock8 yrs