The Remote Desktop Manager online help is now available. You can find it here:

http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Awesome start!

Clock9 yrs

I experience a problem with it in Google Chrome (havent tried any other browsers). if I search for something the text moves down below the screen but there is no scroll bar. Example searching for "remote", gives me lots of results, but I can only see down to result 8, and to see more I have to highlight text and drag down to see more results.

You could fix this by adding "style="overflow: scroll;" to the body tag for the navigation iframe.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Thank you, I will tell that to Matthieu, our webmaster. I assume that it's the search in remotedesktopmanager.com?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Its the search here http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/

Clock8 yrs

i`ve bought Remote Desktop Manager. Its one of the best programms to manage Rdp-Connections.
I've a FTP-Server, so i have the DataSources with FTP.
my question:
Can i use FTP over SSL (FTPS). Because the Security is an important point.
Not with Dropbox or Amazon S3. only Ftp?!

Thanks
ekiss

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
This is not supported by default with .NET but you are right it's an important feature. I will add this to our todo list. If you use Dropbox, you can encrypt the file on Dropbox.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

This could be a bug, or just lack of understanding on my part... When I open RDM every time a bunch of the lists on the left are expanded which is a pain in the (you know what)... I can "contract" them all but every time I close and open it again, some of them are all expanded again... Am I missing something? Why does it not save its previous state, open contracted or all be the same? I have found no explanation as to why it does this.

Clock6 yrs

RDM save the opened tree node layout in a file name remotedesktopmanager.ext. This file is located in the folder %LocalAppData%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager

Could you verify if the time stamp changed when you close the application?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

It has the time stamp of when I closed it, yes. So to test it I contracted everything, closed it, checked the time stamp and re launched the app... The time is correct but the current state is not.

Clock6 yrs

There is an option, Open collapsed by default. Could you verify if it's checked in File-> Options - General tab page

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

It was not, but is now and that appears to have fixed it. Thanks for the response!

Clock6 yrs

Hello

When I run a Report Inventory all the options are working fine except: Products( Software & Version)

I have this error message: error getting products information

Soufiane

Clock5 yrs

We use WMI to access the information. I suspect an issue with that. Could you take a look at the application logs in Help->View Application Logs

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I have this logs:

[6/19/2014 11:43 AM - 9.4.7.0 - 32-bit] Error Silent: System.Management.ManagementException: Invalid class
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.get_Count()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.WMIHelper.GetProducts(ManagementScope scope)

Clock5 yrs

It seems that one WMI class is not installed but I don't know which one need to be installed. We call

"Select * from Win32_Product"
edited by dhervieux on 6/19/2014

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

its there any to know which WMI I have to install?

Clock5 yrs

hello,
i am trying to figure out how to get this done.
1. create a playlist to start sessions. This i know how to do.
2. open a cmd prompt as admin and run a command from this cmd prompt. this im having trouble with.
i can get the command to run as a scheduled task. The problem with that, is i can't log on and see the status of the script i run. So, i've been logging on and manually kicking it off.

if i can do the above, i can create a play lists for the different groups of servers i monitor, start the sessions and cmd's, then disconnect from the session and start more.

i figured that if i could do this, i could at least, create a different rdm file and use a different script to run the other required script i have.
this method would allow me to ramp up several servers at the same time without chocking my computer out of resources.

i have read where powershell can be used with this product, but i'm missing something when it comes to accomplishing my tasks.

thanks
mark

Clock5 yrs

@mvgregory60

I'm not sure to understand why the command line is not working.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

hi,
i am trying to automate things a bit. i want to create a play list to start several servers, have then open a cmd window and then run a command on our network. i can do the play list, and i can open a command window, but i have having an issue getting a script to do it.
once the script is running, i disconnect the session and then can continue starting more servers and circle back to these servers later to check on their status.

if i could automate the cmd window opening and then running a command on the network, i would save a lot of time.

mark

Clock5 yrs

@mvgregory60

When it comes down to running a script on several servers have a look at the RDM Agent (Execute Script via Agent) described in the blog post below. With RDM Agent you could easily run a script on every opened RDP session. There are a few caveats:

- requires the v9.5 beta build (9.4.x.x)
- RDM must be installed & RDM Agent must be running on those servers
- when you close the RDP session don't logoff, simply disconnect

http://blog.devolutions.net/2014/06/rdm-agent.html

Note: depending on how your RDM folder/session structure is setup, you might not need a playlist, you could simple click on the parent folder and start all sessions within that folder.

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs