Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Show "Favorites" section in tray icon menu

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

There's currently an option to "show only favorites" in tray icon menu. Can you add something where defined favorites can be their own section in the trayicon menu (similar to how you have a section for Opened Sessions, tools, etc)?
That way favorites are available along with the other connections that are created?

This way, the 10-15 connections I use the most can be in their own little submenu (perhaps identified by how often they're opened, so maybe it can be automatically called a favorite?), yet if I need a lesser-used one, the entire menu is still there.

You could change the option of "show only favorites" in tray icon menu to a drop-down list with the following options: "Show favorites in tray icon menu, show ONLY favorites in tray icon menu, do not show favorites"

Thanks!

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I like this idea, I was planning to add for the next version a speeddial section, but I never thought of adding it to the trayicon. Do you think that the speeddial could do the job ?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

I'm not familiar with how you were going to implement a "speed dial", I'd have to see a picture or get a description to be sure. What will it do?
95% of how I use RDM though is through that tray icon, as I have a lot of other things running on my screen at any given time.

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
Have you tried Safari or Google Chrome, the speed dial is the 9 boxes with the most frequently used. This list could also be in the trayicon.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

No, those browsers are not supported/allowed for use at my workplace. It's IE mainly, though they're just now allowing Firefox to be used sparingly. However, most of the apps that I have to support require IE.

Clock9 yrs

Hi

I'd also like such a feature to have the favourites collected in an easy accessible tray menu item. The idea that sinclaj1 posted some month ago sounds exactly what I am looking for...

Thanks and greetings from Switzerland!
Marc

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
It's already on our list and it's planned for the small update after the beta. Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi David

i monitored a little bit the beta release notes but did not see such a feature?

What's the stetus about that?

Regards
Marc

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
This was delayed and we are feature complete but I'm going to a convention for the next 3 days. I will see if I can squeeze this feature in the final version. Sometime, I want to add small feature, just to change my mind (I'm currently working on the documentation and for a guys like me, it's little bit boringsmile)
<em>edited by dhervieux on 2/16/2011</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi David

don't get stressed! smile

I din't want o make pressure; I was just wondering smile

Marc

Clock8 yrs