Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Configuration options import/export

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is it possible to copy the complete configuration (w/o data sources and session entries because you can do that already) from one RDM PC to another (possibly to do an options backup/restore or import/export)? Same method should work with copying the configuration (options) from your work system to your home system. Are all options (including ribbon settings/selections) located within one or more "files" that can be manually copied?

Thanks

Clock6 yrs

Most of the configuration are saved in remotedesktopmanager.cfg. Have you tried to copy the file?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Haven't tried it yet but that looks like it will work nicely. Even seems that I can migrate my template settings and everything. I think this will be helpful when I reload my PC.

I'll report back on how things go, etc.

Many thanks!!

Clock6 yrs

Tried it and it worked (somewhat) but it also copies over data source settings and such (which aren't available in all instaces for all users of RDM - especially for HQ with one SQL server and remote users with another). Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Thanks for the information. Maybe I'll play around with it and see what I can "customize" and script with the CFG file.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
We will add an export action soon but I will give you little hint. You can create an .rdi file by creating a custom installer package. The small detail that you need to know is that the .rdi file is zip file and you will find inside of it the exported remotedesktopmanager.cfg. The good thing is that the custom installer support a lot of exclusion including the data source.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thanks. It will be a good feature to have.

I'llalso look into creating a custom RDI file.

Clock6 yrs