Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Using variables with credentials

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is it possible to use certain variables with credentials (specifically using something like the variable HOST with password text)? We would like to set some of our credential entries to use something like password$HOST$ (where the credential password is some string plus the host name) - without having to enter it manually for each session? Using a variable would help (especially with groups of systems like workstations) if you wanted to set the local Administrator password to say password plus the workstation name (rather than having to set 1,000's of session entries - each manually). Then we could use a script to change the local Administrator passwords on systems whenever we need to (and the passwords could be different on all systems - much more secure).

BTW - In addition to HOST, another variable that would work well for something like this would be a DATE variable...

Thanks

Clock6 yrs

Technically in our architecture it's not possible because the password is encrypted and it's not possible for RDM to replace the variables. I try to think of a solution but for now I don't have any idea. I will keep this in mind and see what a can do for the future.

Sorry about that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Understand - no worries. Wasn't sure so I thought I'd mention it. Maybe one day in the future...

Thanks

Clock6 yrs