Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

RDP option on Vmware VI sessions

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

You already allow for iLO specifications and connection to a VI resource, great!

It would be great if you could extend this further to where when I right click on my VI entry there was some option to connect directly to the console via Remote Desktop (or Remotely anywhere, logmein, etc...)

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
You can configure a subconnection to do that. The tab page is available in your session settings.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

That's great. THanks for the tip.
Is there a manual somewere, or better yet a wiki, where I should have seen that?

Clock9 yrs

You can find a small online help here http:"//help.remotedesktopmanager.com but the sub connection are not documented yet. This was the first release and we will continue to add content,

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

I recognise that subconnections are the way to go but since I already have the RDP/VNC connections to the boxes set up in other sections could we have a way to link an existiung connection as a subconnection so we do not have to duplicate all the same data into the subconnection. If this is then implemented there could then be a section in the connections to goto parent That way we have a better view of the server estate and can sort the subconnections into other categories while keeping duplicate data out of out databases.
TIA

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I added a feature request for that, I have an idea how I could achieve something that might help.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs