Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Local Connection Log....Want Global Connection Log

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi David,

As RDM is now, there is a (see attached "Connection_Log.JPG" and "Connection_Log_window.JPG") "View Local Connection Log..." and this is a great feature to have.
But what would be really practical from our point of view, would be to have something like "View Global Connection Log...". This information would of course be saved in a central location(SQL, shared Access db ect.) and could not be edited by anyone except you manually edited the SQL/Access db!

The "View Global Connection Log..." would log the time and connections made of course. But also which logged in user/computer initiated the session. Just like one sees when editing a session and it's logged.
If it is possible, the time the session is in use would be a great add-on to the "View Global Connection Log..." too wink

This would be a much more professional way to see who(and from what computer) is initiating what sessions, at what times and for how long the session lasted.

Thank you.

//UggaBugga

//Brandur

Connection_Log_window.JPG
Connection_Log.JPG
Clock9 yrs

Hi,
This feature already exists, it's available only with the SQL Serve data source but for now it's per session. It's in the context menu View->Connection Log

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi again,
We are running on a SQL 2005 and I can't seem to find it(only "View Local Connection Log")!

Would like to point out what I mentioned earlier(regarding improvements to the connection log function):
"The "View Global Connection Log..." would log the time and connections made of course. But also which logged in user/computer initiated the session. Just like one sees when editing a session and it's logged.
If it is possible, the time the session is in use would be a great add-on to the "View Global Connection Log..." too"

Thank you for your time.

//Brandur

Clock9 yrs

Hi,

Here is a screenshot, it's not in the menu Connection Log, it's Log.

I hope this help.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Log.png
Clock9 yrs