Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Teamviewer - spaced in the ID

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

A small thing, you let the user type in a space in the ID in teamviewer but when a space is present the ID get cuts of after it.

Either move the entire number or do not allow spaces...

snir

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
Thank you, I will fix it for the next release.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

I am running up to date version but have same issue. Every time I get email with ID, I need to remove spaces from it or I just can't connect to other PC. How is it possible if that should be fixed so many years ago ?

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
Just to be sure I understand your ID contains leading or trailing spaces?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

So if I get an email with ID like: 454 111 111 when I copy it from the mail directly to TV with the spaces and hit 'Connect to partner' it does nothing. Just like the button would be inactiv. When I just remove spaces that are after every 3 numbers it connects. Funny, because my work collages don't have that issue. They can use TV with spaces in the ID but looks like I am the lucky one.

Clock3 yrs

What TV version do you use? I remember a bug in the their command line where the space needed to be removed. I know that this was eventually fixed.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Version 11.0.56083
Check for updates says: no updates, you are running newest version

Clock3 yrs

Could you try the TV command line on your machine?

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/91-Are-there-parameters-to-start-TeamViewer

In our case we quote the parameters

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Well, my dos window says that 'program files' is not a recognized as an internal or external command. With 'dir' before or using '%20' to cover spaces.

Clock3 yrs

You could execute the command line from the TV installation directory

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I just done update and issue have been solved. Thanks for help

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
You have updated Team Viewer or RDM?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

In TV I clicked on 'Check for updates' and it found new version, so I downloaded it and updated TV. Now I can have spaces in the ID and TV accepts it like on my collages PCs.

Clock3 yrs