Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

NCP Engineering VPN client

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I love RDM and quickly purchased an enterprise license. I have since moved over to Shrew VPN as I needed a vpn client that would connect to all my clients routers to include mostly cisco and netgear prosafe routers. My problem is one of our larger clients has a Watchguard Firebox x55e and from what I have been able to determine there is no 3rd party vpn client that supports watchguard vpn because the certifcate required to connect is embedded in a file you export from the router. NCP Engineering makes a vpn client that claims to support watchguard a well as every router manufacturer I have ever heard of and it has great reviews. Their Universal VPN client supports 32 and 64 bit windows 7 and there are guides for every router I need but alas it is not supported by remote desktop manager. Since I love this app so much I am back to square one and so I am asking you guys for help.

http://www.ncp-e.com/en.html
edited by appnet on 5/20/2010
<em>edited by appnet on 5/20/2010</em>

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I added a feature request for that, but for now you can try to configure a command line session and use it to connect to your vpn before your main connection is opened.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Also,
If you can find the documentation or the command line parameter and post a link help, it might help someone else to create an addon.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

We also use watchguard VPN clients and including this would help. Currently we need to estblish the connection prior to initiating the RDP session.
Des

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
We are always interested in adding more VPN but it's sometime hard for us to download it. Can you provide us a download link for the VPN?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Here is what I found on the Watchguard site:
As of April 20, 2011, WatchGuard no longer distributes the WatchGuard Mobile VPN with IPSec client. WatchGuard Technical Support will continue to support any customers that currently have the client, and these customers can continue to install and use the client software. With Fireware XTM v11.3.4 and higher, we have added support for a new IPSec VPN client from Shrew Soft, Inc. You can configure your XTM device to use the Shrew Soft VPN client much the same way you did for the WatchGuard Mobile VPN client and you'll find complete documentation for both clients in the product documentation.
You can download the Shrew Soft VPN Client for Windows v2.1.7 directly from the WatchGuard Software Downloads Center, or from the Shrew Soft web site or http://www.shrew.net/download

I'm a little behind so I haven't used this new client yet.

Des

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
We already support the ShrewSoft client as an add-on. Do you have the installer for the old VPN? Maybe you could email it to me?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs