Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Keepass integration

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
I verified for the version 1.8 and it's a completely different model, it's not written in .NET so it's more complicated to integrate. I don't say that we won't do it, but it's harder.We will evaluate this situation but in the perfect world, we will add this for sure.
<em>edited by dhervieux on 3/1/2011</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

I'm attempting to get this working following the instructions here (http://remotedesktopmanager.com/remotedesktopmanager/Support.aspx/Keepass).

I'm on Windows 7 (32-bit). I have RDM installed on my main drive (C). I have my KeePass database open and running off a flash drive. I have the DLL files (RemoteDesktopManager.Connector.dll 5.9.0.5 and RemoteDesktopManagerPlugin.dll 1.0.0.1) in the KeyPass folder. Yet I don't see an option for KeePass when I open "Edit->Add->Credential Repository." Does this plug-in not work if running KeyPass off a flash drive? Do I need a different version of the plug-in?

I forgot to add.. I'm using KeePass 2.14.
<em>edited by ktb on 3/2/2011</em>

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
Have you installed Remote Desktop Manager 6.0 ? Can you verify in the KeePass if the Remote Desktop Manager plugin is loaded (this should be the case since you haven't received an error message)?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Whoops, I mistakenly thought I installed the latest version from here: http://remotedesktopmanager.com/remotedesktopmanager/Home.aspx/Download

But apparently I have 5.9.0.0 installed. I probably downloaded this copy from another site prior to today. And I was just about to download the Beta posted in this thread. I'm glad I asked.

The plugin is loaded (I already updated to KeyPass 2.14 from 2.09 when I saw the error message you mentioned).

Thank you for the assistance. This support is impressive. Have an excellent day!

-KTB

Follow up: Everything is working great now.

edited by ktb on 3/2/2011
<em>edited by ktb on 3/2/2011</em>

Clock9 yrs

I haven't recompiled the RemoteDesktopManager.Connector.dll to update the version. There is no need for that, nothing have changed. This could be confusing I admit.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi,

there seems to be a problem with certain chars in the title of the entries, namely ':' and '|'. ':' is only a problem of entries in the root, not in folders. The error message is:
-------------------------------
Enterprise Edition 6.0.0.0

ArgumentException - The path is not of a legal form.

at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
at System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(String path)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmKeePassSelector.LoadItemsInTreeView()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmKeePassSelector.DoInitializeComponent()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmBase.Initialize()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmBase..ctor()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmKeePassSelector..ctor()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.CredentialSettings.FreCredentialResolverKeePassSettings.butBrowse_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
-----------------------------
If an entry contains | in the title, there is no error message, the list is solely empty. The application log reads:
[3/9/2011 2:11 PM]ERROR SILENT System.ArgumentException: Illegales Zeichen im Pfad.

Server stack trace:
bei System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path)
bei System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
bei RemoteDesktopManagerPlugin.RemoteDesktopManagerPluginExt.RemoteDesktopManagerCredentialProvider_OnGetItems()
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.RemoteDesktopManagerCredentialListener.InvokeOnGetItems()
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.RemoteDesktopManagerCredentialListener.GetItems()
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.IRemoteDesktopManagerCredentialProvider.GetItems()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.KeePassManager.GetEntries()

Since Keefox identifies the matching entry on comparing website titles with entry title, the problem is a bit annoying (it took me some days to find the problem, why Remote Desktop Manager display an empty list of keepass entries).

Bye,
Axel.

Clock9 yrs

Thank you, I logged the bug

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
We posted a video about this topic:

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi David,

Great Plugin by the way!
However, i do have question about it.
When i forget to start the KeePass application in the first place, it comes with an error message "Unable to find the KeePass application"
Do you think it would be possible to let Remote Desktop check if KeePass is running before starting a session?
Then, if it detects that it's not running, it could then lauch KeePass by itself.
Even nicer would be to fully integrate KeePass into Remote Desktop, or in other words, that Remote Desktop could open the kdbx files by itself.

Thanks in advance,

Roland Duursma
The Netherlands

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
This is something I want to do for the next release, RDM should wait for the connection to be established. They only thing is that I don't want to open the kdbx directly for security reason. I will think about it if their is many request, but this will be optional.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply, when do you think we can expact the next release?

Regards,
Roland Duursma

Clock9 yrs

We are now working on the version 2.0 of our Online Services, we expect to release a new RDM version beta in May.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I updated the KeePass plugin with some bug fixes with special char in KeePass:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.KeePassPlugin.1.0.0.2.zip

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

This thread seems the most appropriate for the question/issue I have.

KeePass integration is working great for me except when I had a different credential method selected for a session. In that case, I am not able to switch to keePass as the Credential Repository.

Also, multiple KeePass Database support would be great.

Lance

Clock8 yrs

I love the KeePass integration. Purchased the Enterprise version for this reason. I would love to see multiple KeePass database support as well. Excellent app....keep up the good work!

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I added multi KeePass database support, it's a good idea.

@lancej: Can you give me more detail, I don'understand ?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
I added multi KeePass database support, it's a good idea.

@lancej: Can you give me more detail, I don'understand ?

I resolved the credential issue, I was going at it wrong...so PEBCAK.
NEW Issue. Just installed KeePass 2.18 and the RDM Plugins are incompatible. What is the most recent supported version?

Capture.JPG
Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I have it working with the latest version of KeePass. I think that you have to clear the KeePass cache or try to install it directly from Remote Desktop Manager (It's the Edit Credential dialog)

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
I have it working with the latest version of KeePass. I think that you have to clear the KeePass cache or try to install it directly from Remote Desktop Manager (It's the Edit Credential dialog)

RDM was reporting that it was installed, but I did the Install Plugin. Of course it queried on whether to overwrite. Said yes and now its working.

Thanks Much
Lance

Clock8 yrs