Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Keepass integration

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
For those who prefer a plgx file, here is the link:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.KeePass.PLGX.1.0.0.1.zip

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

dhervieux wrote:

Hi,
When you do the Check, Keepass must be running and the database must be opened. This is for security reason. I never implemented the add-on for the version 1. I will try to look at it during the holiday.

Yes, KeePass was running with the database open is all my tests. OK, I'll concentrate on trying to get KeePass v2 working (I still use v1 for its compatibility with KeePassX, the OS X port).

Have a good break!

Cheers, Kent

Clock9 yrs

Where do I find keepass uuid?
I press "Check" and nothing happens.
Keepass plugins/dll are in the keepass folder.
Keepass is launched and Db is open.
Then I launch RDM and add a Cred. repo. but I don't get a uuid.
Am I doing something wrong?

Clock9 yrs

Open up an entry in KeyPass and goto the properties tab.

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
is there an Update for the new KeePass 2.14 Version? Plugin v1 is incompatible with the new one.

Bye
Karo

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I will do some test later, but in the meantime, have you tried the plgx directly:

For those who prefer a plgx file, here is the link:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.KeePass.PLGX.1.0.0.1.zip

This is the native format for Keepass and it's recompiled by it when a new version is released.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi,

Yes i tried it. Keepass is running, DB is opend and a Test Credential is created. OS Win 7 Ultimate x64.

If i use the Check i get the Error:
'Unable to communicate with KeePass, please verify the it's started and the database is opened!'

When i change the Settings on a Session to KeePass Credential i get:
'Unable to find Keepass Application'

5.9.0.17 Beta

FileNotFoundException - Die Datei oder Assembly "RemoteDesktopManager.Connector, Version=5.9.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

Server stack trace:
bei System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
bei System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
bei System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
bei System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.RemotingConfigInfo.LoadType(String typeName, String assemblyName)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.RemotingConfigInfo.GetServerTypeForUri(String URI)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.GetServerTypeForUri(String URI)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.IRemoteDesktopManagerCredentialProvider.GetItemData(String data)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.CredentialKeePassResolver.GetKeePassPassword(String keepassUuid)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.CredentialKeePassResolver.Execute(Connection credentialConnection, Connection owner)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.ResolveCredentials(Connection credentialConnection, Connection owner)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.ApplyCredentials(Connection connection, String credentialConnectionID)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.Prepare(Connection connection, Boolean applyCredentials)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnections(Connection[] connectionList, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ActionManager.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreBaseConnectionView.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreConnectionTreeView.tvList_NodeMouseDoubleClick(Object sender, TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnNodeMouseDoubleClick(TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Controls.TreeViewXP.WndProc(Message& message)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Bye

Karo

Clock9 yrs

running keepass 2.14 on win7 x64 Pro, using the dll, gives me no problems

Clock9 yrs

jhd wrote:

running keepass 2.14 on win7 x64 Pro, using the dll, gives me no problems

+1

Clock9 yrs

@Karo

I reproduced your problem and it's hapenning to me only with the plgx, Do you get the same error if you delete the plgx and use this instead:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.KeePassPlugin.1.0.0.0.zip

The plgx was experimental, but it seems that with that, Keepass is unable to find one the dll even if I can see it in the plugin cache.
edited by dhervieux on 1/26/2011
<em>edited by dhervieux on 1/26/2011</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
no i get the Message that this DLL is incompatible. Tried it on an XP SP3 ENG too with the same effect.
I don't know why the dll is running at xcentric and jhd. I tried it with KeePass Portable and Install Version

Bye
Karo

Clock9 yrs

Can you send me a printscreen of the message (about the dll incompatible). Aslo, can you send me a printscreen of your keepass installation folder ?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Not sure if this helps but here goes. Maybe jhd can confirm his versions.

RDM v5.9.0.17 Beta (portable on a network share.)

In my KeyPass 2.14 Directory (portable also on a network share) I have:
RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.dll v5.9.0.3
RemoteDesktopManager.Connector.dll v5.9.0.5
RemoteDesktopManagerPlugin.dll v1.0.0.1

Clock9 yrs

To add, I believe the RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.dll v5.9.0.3
is not neccessary inside the KeyPass directory.

David can you confirm this? I removed the dll and everything still functions normally.

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
You are right, the RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.dll is a special dll recompiled for Keepass. To avoid any problem, I recompiled it with a new name: RemoteDesktopManager.Connector.dll.

This is why it's working. It's the same content, but not the same assembly name.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

@xcentric, do you mind to zip your portable folder and sent it to me, I will post it on an ftp for Karo. This could be a good test.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

xcentric wrote:

Not sure if this helps but here goes. Maybe jhd can confirm his versions. [...]

Confirmed, with the following remarks:
- RDM installed via setup (but same version)
- not in keepas folder: RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.dll v5.9.0.3

Clock9 yrs

I am assuming that you mean my KeyPass directory?

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I'm unable to download it. maybe you could send it to dhervieux@devolutions.net

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hello again,

i checked everything that was written in the comments with no effect. Then i give me a hit to deinstall Keepass and RDM on both machines, cleaned the Registry an deleted every File/Dir of the Programs. Then i download everything new (KeePass Portable, RDM Bin with Beta 17), get the Plugins aso. Restore my DBs. And i also Config the Programs from the scratch and take not the old config Files.
And what should i say: Now it works! It's magic.
When i have time i will compare the DLLs from old and new install, of course i will find something.
But at this time i am happy with the new functionality.

Thanks for the Help

Karo
<em>edited by Karo on 1/28/2011</em>

Clock9 yrs

This is great, I have no explanation except that maybe Keepass had something in his cache.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Has anyone made this work with Putty? I have KeePass working perfectly with RDP sessions but it does not seem to do anything for Putty sessions.

Thanks

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
What type of putty connection (Telnet, SSL...) have you tried ?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

I'm doing all ssh connections. Tried embedded and not; tried with Default settings and host defined within RDM, tried with username in Putty session and not. Hope that helps.

Clock9 yrs

Can you try the latest beta 5.9.0.22, because I'm unable to reproduce it.

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.5.9.0.22.exe

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Ok, no difference with the new version, but I have some more information.

First, if I set it for 'session specific credentials' and fill in the username/pwd, it works. And, then if I switch to KeePass by either Embedded or Repository, it still works, but it turns out it's still using the session specific because if I empty those fields first, it will fail.

Next, found one thing, bug or not unclear, but if I click on the ... in the KeePass logon setting (next to Uuid) and navigate to find my credential, I notice incorrect references to anything that has a / in the name. It thinks they are sub-folders. But, changing that does not solve the auto-login problem.

So, can you verify you cleared out any session specific credentials for a good test. Also, I thought I should mention, I'm running a Trial version in case that makes a difference.

Thanks for responding quickly. I really want this work work so we can choose this over another product. Let me know what else to look for/try.

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
it's weird that you don't get the right reference, do you have more than one Keepass database ? I suspect that RDM is unable to change the username / password because the application is unable to retreive the keepass information.

By the way, the trial does not change anything
<em>edited by dhervieux on 2/15/2011</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

@rntwanman
Can you send me an email (support@devolutions.net), I will send you a special version with debug message to see where it goes wrong.

Give me your email, so I can provide you the version
<em>edited by dhervieux on 2/15/2011</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

In case anyone is wondering, this problem has been resolved in the latest beta version (23).

Great support, thanks!

Clock9 yrs

Is there any chance to get this functionality added to Keepass 1.8? Our company is currently using 1.8 and isn't planning a migration to 2.x

Thanks

Clock9 yrs