Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Keepass integration

• Create an Issue

It would be very nice if there could exist support for Keepass Password Safe - really powerfull open-source password manager. The best way for us would be dynamic reading of credentials from keepass database  - there will be necessary to change password just in keepass, not everywhere manualy...

Clock9 yrs

I added a feature request for that. I will have to investigate to see how it work and how I can link it, but it's a good idea.

Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

KeyPass rocks!!!

This would be a dream come true. =)

-X

Clock9 yrs

+1

Clock8 yrs

Ok guys,
I can promess you anything, but I did some R&D to see if it's possible and I made a Keepass plugin prototype and I think that I could add this feature soon.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

+1

great to here. Tnks

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
It's working, wait for the next beta release coming soon smile
<em>edited by dhervieux on 12/12/2010</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Great! Looks like we got some beta testers already. wink
<em>edited by xcentric on 12/12/2010</em>

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
A new beta is now available, here is a short list of the new features:

- Added the addon Manager
- Added auto login of web page (embedded mode only)
- Integrated KeePass Password Manager

You can download the application here:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.5.9.0.5.exe

For the KeePass integration, you can get more information here:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/remotedesktopmanager/Support.aspx/Keepass

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Oh well. I guess I am out of the program. upset Seem that this is only supported using KeyPass 1.18 instead of the newer 2.13.

12-13-2010 9-11-51 AM.jpg
Clock8 yrs

Hi,
No it's does not, I tested it with the version 2.13, maybe there is a problem when it's loaded from a shared?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I uploaded the plugin to be sure that it's the same than the one I currently use.

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.KeePassPlugin.1.0.0.0.zip

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

I get the same error message when running KeyPass locally on the server. Could it be that I am using a KeyPass database key along with the password?

Also,
I am confused about something.

The zip file has 2 files
RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.dll v5.9.0.3
RemoteDesktopManagerPlugin.dll v1.0.0.0

But the new v5.9.0.5 installer contains a newer version of the RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn dll v5.9.0.5.

Your instructions say to copy the RemoteDesktopManagerPlugin.dll into the KeyPass installation directroy but what is to be done with the RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.dll v5.9.0.3 file?

Clock8 yrs

Use the RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.dll v5.9.0.3 from the zip, it's a special version compiled with AnyCPU to work with 32 bits or 64bits of KeePass. You will get an error if you use the 5.9.0.5. I will change the instruction.
<em>edited by dhervieux on 12/13/2010</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Ok I updated the file in my RDM directory.

KeyPass does not like the RDM dll. Still complaining about incapatibility even if I run local.

Environment is Server 2008 R2.

I am using the zip version of KeyPass.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
It's weird, I just did a try on a fresh Server 2008 R2 64 bits:

I downloaded KeePass and installed it with a master password
Downloaded the plugin and unzipped it

Everything works fine. Can you verify your Keepass version or try it on another machine?
edited by dhervieux on 12/13/2010

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Maybe you missed in my previous post that I am using a database key file in addtion to the password.

Clock8 yrs

Also, is RDM supposed to be open prior to opening KeyPass?

I just downloaded KeyPass zip 2.13 to my Windows 7 x64 desktop put the RDM dll inside and got the same incompatibility error when I launch KeyPass.

Yes it is weird. Something is different between us.

Clock8 yrs

I also tried with a key and a master password. Everything works fine. I can do a version with a try catch and see if something is raised, maybe Keepass catch the exception.
edited by dhervieux on 12/13/2010

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

RemoteDesktopManagerPlugin.zip
Clock8 yrs

No, RDM is not supposed to be opened. I have not installed RDM on the Server machine. The plugin create an IPC channel to communicate. Can you try the zip file from the previous post? It contains a pdb file with debug information.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Ok. I found the issue.

It was my fault. bow

Somehow I was only copying just the RDM dll into the Key Pass directory.
I just copied both files and now keypass can launch.

Sorry about that. Now testing can continue

Clock8 yrs

This is a great news, I'm glad it's not my fault smile

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
this thread sounds gread. I've downloaded 5.9.0.5 and the last plugin. I'm using Keepass 2.13. and tried to get this working together.

OK, I've identified, that the RDM plugin is for KeePass and not for RDM. After copiing both RDM Plugin dlls to keepass installation path, the keepass programm starts and found the plugin.

Started keepass, selected my kdbx and typed my masterpassword.
I copied one UUID (keepass UUID for a password) to the new rdm credential store.
when I press in RDM the Check Button in the credentials Form, I'm getting the exception:

5.9.0.5 Beta
TypeLoadException - Could not load type 'Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.RemoteDesktopManagerCredentialCommunicator' from assembly 'RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn, Version=5.9.0.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.KeePassManager.GetEntries()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.KeePassManager.GetName(String uuid)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmConnectionCredentials.butCheckKeepass_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

BTW, if I clicking on the link on bpage.this form I'm getting a 404 error from your webpage (http://remotedesktopmanager.com/remotedesktopmanager/FileNotFound.htm?aspxerrorpath=/remotedesktopmanager/Support.aspx/Keepass )

The same problems occures, if I copy the whole stuff (RDM, Plugin and Keepass) together in one directory.

kind regards,
oki

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
This is the problem, when you copied the Keepass plugin in RDM, you overwrite the file RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.dll and it's not the same version. This explain both error you got. Can you try to reinsall RDM please to be sure that the Add-On dll version is 5.9.0.5. By the way, don't replace the dll in the Keepass, the plugin needs the version 5.9.0.3 because it's a special version.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

On entering the keepass credential and press check, nothing happens. What should happen ?

Edit: Ah... unzipped in the wrong folder, should be that o keepass and NOT of RDM.
<em>edited by jhd on 12/18/2010</em>

Clock8 yrs

Ok:
Keepass needs to have the required database
- open
- unlocked
- active
otherwise the entry cannot be found.

When it cannot be found, the connection will still be made, with varying errors (depending on what of the list is not correct). Can we stop the connection from being made without the info? Eg so we can correct the keepass state and retry? In that case it would help if the keepass file can be identified as well.

I have multiple keyfiles, partly because I need to share some of those with different people. I cannot always have the correct one open, active or unlocked.

When specifying prompt for the credentials, it shows the normal credential list, but with a blank user name and no reference to a keepass folder.

Many thanks for starting the integration !

Clock8 yrs

I cannot get this to work at all on Windows XP with KeePass 1.18 and RDM 5.9.0.7. KeePass does not appear to recognise the RemoteDesktopManagerPlugin.dll v1.0.0.1 plugin - it doesn't appear in the Tools/Plugins list at least. When I copy the plugin to a KeePass 2.13 installation I also get RDM exception mentioned by oki above when clicking "Check".

Also the zip file listed on the web page http://remotedesktopmanager.com/remotedesktopmanager/Support.aspx/Keepass has two files - the aforementioned RemoteDesktopManagerPlugin.dll v1.0.0.1 and a RemoteDesktopManager.Connector.dll v5.9.0.5. The RemoteDesktopManagerPlugin.dll is installed in the KeePass directory and I presume the RemoteDesktopManager.Connector.dll goes in the RDM directory.

I've tried various combinations including the older(?) RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.dll and RemoteDesktopManagerPlugin.dll v1.0.0.0 but cannot establish a connection between RDM and KeePass.

Cheers, Kent

Clock8 yrs

Kent, the whole zipfile this both dlls - needs to be unzipped in the keepass folder.
I cannot comment on v1.18 keepass, but it does work with v2

Clock8 yrs

Thanks jhd, I tried that and other combinations with both KP 2.13 and 1.18 and either got the RDM exception or nothing at all. If I do have it set up as you state with KP 1.18 and I try and connect the session (not worrying about the failure to "Check" when specifying the KeePass UUID) RDM pops up a message saying it can't find the KeePass executable. (It is installed in D:\Program Files, not C:\Program Files so I wonder if that has something to do with it...?)

Cheers, Kent

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
When you do the Check, Keepass must be running and the database must be opened. This is for security reason. I never implemented the add-on for the version 1. I will try to look at it during the holiday.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs