Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Microsoft Data Acces Components required !!!

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello ! I've just installed Remote Desktop Manager 5.7.3.0 standard edition. When I try to open it appears this error: The current datasource is unavailable. The .Net Framework Data Providers require Microsoft Data Acces Components(MDAC). Please install Microsoft Data Acces Components(MDAC) version 2.6 or later.
My operating system is Windows Xp Profesional with service pack 3 and it have Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.

- I've installed allready from the Microsoft official site the MDAC version 2.6 and nothing, same error (I've tried to install MDAC 2.7 and it says that my version of Windows does not match with this and MDAC 2.8 wich says: MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatible with this version of Windows. All of its features are currently part of Windows.) .

- I've runned a MDAC utility from Microsoft - the Componnent Checker (used to perform analysis to determine the release version) and it gives this result : the following product release were matched: MDAC 2.8 sp1 on windows xp sp3. So...it seems to be ok...

- I've reinstalled the MDAC with the windows xp proffesional setup cd from the c\windows\inf\MDAC.inf file, and nothing, same error.

I can't understand what is the problem...why the application can't open the data base.....

Please help me with a sugestion or idea...if you have one !!! Thanks !

Clock9 yrs

Hi, I think that the MS Jet Engine is no longer distributed with MDAC, I think that you can find some information and a download link here:

http://forum.devolutions.net/messages.aspx?TopicID=282

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hello ! Thx for your answer David. I've installed jet40sp8_9xnt and same error appears...
I've registered the sqloledb dll file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB, and nothing.

Well...I still believe that's a way to solve this (not the hdd format one smile ).

I runned Dependency Walker program....and I loaded the remotedesktopmanager.exe. It says that cannot find some files: cryptsp.dll, cryptbase.dll, bbcrypt.dll, api-ms-win-service-winsvc-L1-1-0.dll, api-ms-win-service-management-L1-1-0.dll, api-ms-win-security-sddl-L1-1-0.dll, api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-L1-1-0.dll. Well I don't know if those files are crucial for RDM to work.

This is the log wich is created in RDM every time I try to oppen it and that error appears:

[12.04.2010 13:03]ERROR System.InvalidOperationException: The .Net Framework Data Providers require Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC). Please install Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC) version 2.6 or later. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {2206CDB2-19C1-11D1-89E0-00C04FD7A829} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal.CreateInstanceDataLinks()

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal.GetObjectPool()

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
It's only required if you use the Access database, maybe you can try to go in the datasource menu and create an Xml data source. Just be sure to remove the default Access database because in the standard edition you can only have one data source. I think that after that you will no longer received the error.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

This issue can be fixed on Windows 7 x64 by installing MDAC 2.8 sp1 from Microsoft which can be found: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=78cac895-efc2-4f8e-a9e0-3a1afbd5922e or http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/data/aa937730.
<em>edited by nuwandame on 11/6/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

Thank you very much

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Will there be any difference if you are just running in x86?

Clock7 yrs