Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - SDK

Extend the custom fields functionality

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is it somehow possible to get more than 5 custom fields?

I would like to add more fields and chose datatypes for the custom fields.

Is this somehow possible or is it possible to create an addon via the sdk?

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
This is not possible with the SDK but we could add more field. What do you mean by choosing the data types?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I mean that you can chose, for example, if its one text line, or multiple text lines, or for example a dropdown were you can define serveral options to chose from etc.

Clock7 yrs

How many fields would you need and do you have some example of what you need. Perhaps we could add the real field instead of a custom field.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

At the moment we are missing something like "Site #" and "Contract #". But we are just in the middle of configuring RDM for our uses. There may be more fields we could use. If I find more I will post here. Thanks for your support smile

Clock7 yrs

Have you seen the new fields in RDM 9.0 Beta?

What is the site# exactly?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

I just looked at the fields in RDM 9.0 Beta. The new fields are of no use to us. I think it is very difficult to add the right fields for everyone, because everyone needs to store other information... Thats why I still wish you would try to extend the custom fields functionality.

Site #: We have a lot of customers. For this customers we store connectiond in RDM. Some of the customers have multiple sites and these sites have a number in our CRM.

Another topic I came across, is, that you cant create shortcuts to sub connections. Is that right or am I missing something? Would be great if this was possible!

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
The site# field will be added soon. You will be able to complete the list with the custom field.

You are right about shortcut and sub connection. Technically I have no solution for that because the sub connection is embedded in the parent.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Alright, thats great, Thank you very much!

Regarding the shortcuts: Then we use Folders to group Connections instead of subconnections, thats no problem.

Clock7 yrs

hello MOBO,

How are you using the custom fields.
Do you configure each connection with the right custom field name or do you leave it alone and say
custom field #1 is project name
custom field #2 is sales person or whatever
and everyone has to act accordingly?
Or do I miss something and we can configure custom fields in the backside so every connection has the same custom field names inherited?

RDMS 2.2.0.0 with RDM 9.0.3.0

Clock7 yrs

You could create a template to edit the custom field names

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs