Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Focus on SSH terminal

• Create an Issue

Dear support,

I asked this already before but it is really missing thing for me so I though, let's check again :-)

Is it possible that you can build something which will bring the focus directly to the ssh terminal when you <alt>+<tab> between applications? NowI have to click with my mouse first on the ssh terminal itself. I also have the option enabled that multiple sessions to the same server are allowed so now I ofter accidentally open a new session when I press enter since the SSH session is not active.

Kind Regards,
Nico van der Linden

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Is it for the embedded Putty or for the built-in SSH?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Dear david,

at the moment I am using the putty embedded version but I also tried in the past with adding the connection details in RDM and also then the focus did not work.

Kind Regards,
Nico van der Linden

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I'm sure that we don't have a focus problem if you use the built-in telnet or ssh. The problem with Putty is because it's another process running into RDM and it's very difficult the play with the focus

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
I'm sure that we don't have a focus problem if you use the built-in telnet or ssh. The problem with Putty is because it's another process running into RDM and it's very difficult the play with the focus

Thanks David, I didn't even see the option to change the terminal application. I see now that the other option I tried in the past was using putty as well.
There is no need for me to use putty so I changed it to the build in SSH and now the focus indeed works, so that is MUCH better :-)

Thanks again for helping me out and looking forward to see the mac version of RDM :-)

Kind Regards,
Nico van der Linden

Clock6 yrs