Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Events and Shortcut Paramater

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is itpossible to send the session id to another program with a parameter byconnecting to logmein etc.?
example: C:\Software.exe /id:%sessionid%

Is it also possible that the shortcut to an session also load in the embeddedwindow?
I want to use that to show the logmein password in a screen.
<em>edited by Blokie on 3/27/2010</em>

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
It's not possible for now. Just to be sure I understand, software.exe is a custom application that you created ? You want that to be executed before you open the logmein session ? Give me more details please and I will see what I can do.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hello again,

Software.exe is indeed a custom application created by myself. An example:
When I connect to a computer through Remote Desktop Manager and I filled in this value into “command line” in the “Event” tab: C:\Software.exe /id:%sessionid%
(Sessionid is the same sessionid as filled in into the “Advanced” tab.)
Software.exe starts and will show me customer information and maybe more at a later time,that I linked to that sessionid in our database.

And if I click on the button: “Create Desktop Shortcut” and I’ll start the connection by double-clicking the shortcut, is it than possible to load the session as embedded window like if you start from the program itself?
I’ll be glad if it’s possible in an new version of the program where I can add the parameter /embedded into the shortcut or else like that.

And a new question: If I want to buy more than one licence of this program and also wants to use the same data on every system where I install this program, is the “datasource id” than the same on every system?

Thanks a lot,

Blokie
edited by Blokie on 3/29/2010
<em>edited by Blokie on 3/29/2010</em>

Clock9 yrs

Is this function possible and when?

Clock9 yrs

Can you tell me please when it is possible to use a parameter in a shortcut to a session in a embedded tab?
E.G. : Desktop Shortcut /id:%sessionid% /embedded:yes or something like that?

Thanks in advance

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
Open embedded is not supported yet, it was supposed to be in the version 5.8 but it was postpone for the 5.9. Sorry about that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

dhervieux wrote:

Hi,
Open embedded is not supported yet, it was supposed to be in the version 5.8 but it was postpone for the 5.9. Sorry about that.

5.9 is live when is it now availble?

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Sorry, it was postponed again... but the good news is that I only have one bug to fix and this feature will be in the next beta release (today or tomorrow).

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Thanks a lot, this works fine!
If I start a session with the parameters like
RemoteDesktopManager.exe" /DataSource:??????????? /Session: ????????????????
Than the session will be opened in a new embedded tab: Great Job !!!

There is only one thing, and I'll be very happy if you can fix it: If I open a session like above, than the Main Program will resize from maximized to resized. (I use always the maximized screen) And if I maximize again the window than I see gray bars above and beneath the session window when using RDP.

Thanks in advance!

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I will investigate, but it sound to me like a bug. I think that the main form is not loading correctly the last window size.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

@Blokie: I'm unable to reproduce, do you have a special settings? Do you use the previous UI mode (5.7) ?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

I don't use the 5.7 ui mode and have no special settings.
You have try it in maximized/full screen mode?
And is your not maximed form smaller?
<em>edited by Blokie on 1/18/2011</em>

Clock8 yrs

It's exactly what I tried and the application opened maximized. Can you send me your option file (remotedesktopmanager.cfg) ?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I verified your cfg and inside, I see that the form is not saved in a maximized state. I also saw that your option are configured to use the Last State. Maybe you should try to set if the Maximized. I added a screenshot.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Options.png
Clock8 yrs

I recently use the shortcut function again.
If the program is not runnig, the program will open Maximized.
If the program is running and i use the sortcut the program will open small (minimized).
The setting StartupFormState is at Maximized.

I use version 8.0.15.0.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Do you have the open multiple instance setting enabled?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

No the current session minimized.
edited by Blokie on 2/6/2013

Clock6 yrs

I'm unable to reproduce the problem. Do you have RDM in the tray icon, do you have it pinned and the last one, do you have the Always show in task bar enabled?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs