Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Slimmer Window

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

Is it possible to make the RDM window slimmer? I only use navigation and not the browser and have a ton of extra space in the navigation window.

Another example - Cannot shrink the grey.

edited by thebob6 on 9/4/2013

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I will see what we can do for that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

In the mean time, maybe you could move the navigation pane outside of the application, and move the main window somewhere at the edge of a screen

but this is possible when using the latest UI style

minimal
edited by mcote on 9/4/2013

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

minimal.jpg
Clock6 yrs

Maurice Cote,

Thank you!

Great temp solution.

Clock6 yrs

Hello Maurice Cote,

Were you able to make any improves on this in the newer versions?

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

No change yet, it's still on our todo list, sorry about that.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

Has any progress been made with this?

Clock4 yrs

Do you still use the Classic UI?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I am using the same as above. So I assume that is a yes? Do you recommend something else?

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

So I did some testing and I found the I can use this "new" view and it seems to be as slim as I want it to be but is there any way I can fully hide/minimize the dashboard and keep the navigation panel?

Here is my desktop:
http://i.imgur.com/BP5B10o.png

I would love to have the dashboard minimized but have the navigation panel up.

If I attach the navigation panel to the main app this is as narrow as I can make it:
http://i.imgur.com/87uUDuG.png
edited by thebob6 on 8/3/2015

Clock4 yrs

There is a setting to hide the dashboard.

Dashboard

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Dashboard.png
Clock4 yrs

Thanks for your help on this but I am still a bit confused - If I hide the dashboard then I just get a grey screen that is also not shrinkable. If I minimize the grey then the navigation tab also is minimized. Am I missing something?

I just want the Navigation Panel by itself and nothing else displayed.

http://i.imgur.com/7AO72HX.png

Clock4 yrs

Oh I see what you mean. Unfortunately we don't have this possibility. In you case this means that you open all your connection in external mode?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Yes I do - everything in external mode. Perhaps it is something you can think of for future versions. I have limited real estate on my monitor so I try to utilize it all as efficiently as I can.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
I will enter a feature request.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
I will enter a feature request.

Thanks!

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

Looks like I am on 10.9.7.0 and BETA 10.9.12.0 has been released. Can you comment if this fix has been put in this version or any ETA on when it will be?

Clock4 yrs

For now we haven't rework the UI for now. The focus was more on the 2-factor and improvement of the technology that we already integrate. We plan to rework the UI next year to have a better support for 4k.

Sorry about that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
I've just done some UI tweak to the classic mode. It's not perfect but you should win few pixels.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Thanks David,

Should I see this in the next release? Do you have a rough ETA?

Clock4 yrs

Yes it should be available pretty soon.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs