Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Web Interface

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

This is great software but in my company there are some linux users (and some macs but I understand that the mac version is almost ready )

Can you add a web interface just to view the information by these users
They will don't be able to edit or add sessions just view the tree and get links to the hosts and reveal the user and password

Thanks

Nitzan

Clock6 yrs

Hi

Due to security concerns with web browsers, particularly malicious add-ons, we have not implemented a browser based decryption mechanism.

The Mac version will in fact be the common multi-platform core of our next generation software because of the technologies we used. We intend to add other platforms, as well as mobile devices, in the near future.

Regards

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Maurice is right but we might eventually allow some session to be visible in a web interface. Those sessions will be considered has less secure.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I was about to start a similar thread and saw this one so I don't want to duplicate but if you feel it's different please tell me and I can move it. Not trying to hijack the thread smile

Along a similar line I think a mobile application that allowed you to connect to your data source and view specific entries such as Account entries, Serial Number entries, Alarm Code entries etc. Not sure how the security would work in relation to the web interface and maybe it would give you the same issues.

I often find myself on-site and forgetting the alarm code to get in, or even something as simple as the extension of an employee that I have stored in there as a contact. Of course I could store that somewhere else but I love the fact you can store almost all of your info in this one RDM application (which is awesome) and keep everything in a central location. Maybe not even your own data source, maybe it could be cloud based (subscription maybe?) and you would choose which entries to 'publish' to that subscription and make available on mobile devices.

Hope that makes sense smile

Clock6 yrs

To be honest the Mac version took more time than expected because we've decided to build a new Framework cross platform. This will allow us to port the application more easily on mobile. So mobile is definitively on the roadmap.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs