Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Multiple Security Groups per Object

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi folks

We just talked about the security structure we want to implement. No easy task because we have different kinds of customers (sessions/groups), different admin teams and therefore different roles (who should have which sort of access to what kind of customer).

So I think we are able to implement that somehow but I think that will be difficult to maintain and control. We thought about, it would be much easier if more than one security group would be allowed per object (session/group).

This is just one possibility. Maybe you have already better ideas. Do you think such a thing could be implemented somewhen for RDM?

We use RDM beta 8.9.11.0

Cheers
Daniel

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
This is something that was request often but it's was not an easy task before. This won't be implemented for sure in the v9.0 but maybe in the next version. What we recommend is to set the security group only on the folder and create shortcut if an entry needs to be in more than one folder.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Daniel,

I am in a similar boat as you. I work for a contract company with many locations nationwide and different divisions that require different access.

We currently have a group per location and a user needs to be in that locations security group. No customer folder has a security group set specifically on it but rather on subfolders. Each customer will have one or multiple of the following folders: Access Control, Video Surveillance, and Technology Solutions. Each of those groups has its own security group so if I wanted to access a Madison customer and work on their Access Control I would have to be in the Madison security group as well as the Access Control group. Where this gets tricky is when a customer is serviced by multiple locations. This is where it would be really nice to be able to create group shortcuts as each folder has subfolders and multiple sessions.

Clock5 yrs

Hi David

Any news on this topic? We are about to extend access on RDM for some more admins. Of course we trust each other (who is accessing what) but for the future it would ease the handling of rights for such a lot sessions and reduce confusion when using RDM.

I know it's no easy task. But I thought I might ask again;-)

Regards
Daniel

Clock5 yrs

We will not have this for the version 9.5. We are about to release the beta and unfortunately it's not included.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs