Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Update check

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Have the ability (an option that can be enabled/disabled) to include BETA releases as part of the update check from within RDM.

Thanks

Clock6 yrs

This already exists and it's in File->Options

General\Application Start

Include Beta version

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thanks. It does it on application startup but the "Check version" only does the release version. What I was thinking is "on the fly" check w/o restart of the app.

Also, in 8.9.10.0, when the app starts up (and it informs of the updated BETA), clicking the "View" button takes you to the release version. Wouldn't it be better if the View button takes you to the BETA page because it is referring to a BETA update?

Thanks again

Clock6 yrs

Thank you. I have added a feature request to improve the check version

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thank you

Clock6 yrs

This is not perfect but in the new beta, you get the dialog instead of opening the web site. This is the step one. The next thing would be to show you the right change history and notify you that the update is a beta version.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Old thread - I know. But I wanted to ask about a feature request for update checks.

The previous update check additions and changes all work great. RDM checks for updates on startup (including BETA) and on-the-fly. But sometimes it may be days or weeks between closing (restarting) RDM and we forget about performing manual checks. Is it possible to have RDM perform "scheduled" update checks, like maybe daily, weekly, monthly, etc. and to pop-up the notice if an update exists?

Thanks much

Clock6 yrs

I will add a note to the feature request.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs