Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Windows Logon name pass

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Remote Desktop Manager team,
i wasn't too sure if this was a feature request or scripting, but the situation i have at the moment is of having two different domain with the same username. What i like to do is to pass a variable like %username% to the Username field on Remote desktop manager.

When i was searching though the forum, there was a post which talked about any single sign on system is a bit challenging to implement , which i can understand.

One way i though i can implement this is modifying the .xml source file , where depending on the user , we can pre create a settings file, this is a solution but not the most ideal. Hence is there a way we can pass an windows environment variable like %username% to this field in Remote Desktop manager.

Clock6 yrs

Hi

Indeed we support environment variables as well as our own variable system. There is a button at the bottom of the screen that will list all variables for the current context

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

thanks Maurice i didn't notice the list, i will check to see if it works for me

Clock6 yrs