Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Customizable ribbons and icons

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Although not a recent post, I know that there was a thread for this one already (somewhat - asking for a customizable dashboard anyway) but something to think about for future releases is the ability to customize the ribbon, icons and shortcut keys (maybe something like MS Office allows).

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
You can already customize the shortcut in File->Options and also the quick access toolbar. Do you have any specific scenario in mind? Maybe we could re-organize the ribbon in the meantime?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Honestly, I was thinking of one thing with my request - the Playlist.

Being in IT, many of us have daily responsibilities that we have to do (checking servers each day, etc.). Repetitive tasks are made easier because of the playlist (I can log on to all of the Exchange servers at once, all AD servers, all monitoring systems, etc). But it's location in the ribbon is under "View". It took me a few moments to find it (I was thinking of open sessions versus viewing a playlist so I was looking in other ribbons). And I thought that it would be nice to move it to another ribbon (like you can with Office). But...that's just for me. To make it a request that would benefit everyone who uses RDM, I'm sure others would like to customize their ribbons also or have their own shortcut keys that they would like (versus a request to move the playlist to another ribbon). MS Office allows you to create a "fresh" new ribbon with nothing on it and then you can add your own shortcuts to your own personal ribbon so that commonly used items are right there in one place.

I didn’t realize that the shortcut keys were customizable in the Options menu. I’ve gotten used to Office where you right-click on the ribbon and customize from there. Thanks for pointing that one out. Now I can fix an issue where RDM it was conflicting with another apps keys.

Clock6 yrs

What you can also do is add the playlist button in the quick access toolbar. Right click on the Play List button and click Add

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Did not know that - kewl. Thank you very much!!

Clock6 yrs

Not perfect but it should be quicker to get access to your playlist. I can suggest you to do the same thing with the todo if you use this feature

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Doesn't have to be. It accomplishes what we need to do and that's what it important.

Thanks again

Clock6 yrs

Coming back to this thread - is it possible that when you disable the Top Pane in RDM that the Quick Access Toolbar remains? Hopefully it is possible if not no worries. Just maximum RDP desktop space is important and disabling the Top Pane gives a little more remote desktop space (but removes the Quick Access Toolbar). I see that when you disable Top Pane the little icon still remains in the top left corner (which is nice) but removing the Quick Access Toolbar next to the recovery icon doesn't really gain any useable space (so removing it when you remove the Top Pane isn't always a benefit). Especially when you use the Quick Access Toolbar shortcuts.

Maybe the Quick Access Toolbar can be disabled seperately from the Menu bar? Or rename Top Pane to Menu bar and add an extra feature to enable/disable the Quick Access Bar?

Thanks in advance,
STGdb

Clock6 yrs

Unfortunately the third party we use does not support that. I need to completely hide everything. I will see what I can do with them for that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Isn't pressing - no worries. Maybe in the future you'll be able to do it.

Thanks

Clock6 yrs