Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Multiple personal credentials

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We like the personal credentials feature in RDM, it helps when you follow best practices and each engineer has multiple credentials we have to use. However, in a "team", it would be nice to have multiple personal creds to use (one for admin and one for user) that other team members don't have access to. Not sure how much work it would be but something maybe for future versions would be to have a personal cred for admin and one for your user login as well.

Thanks

Clock6 yrs

The goal of the personal credentials is to simulate the current Window login. Eventually we might add multiple entries but or now there is a small workaround.

You could use PVM or KeePass to enter your credentials. In the the Personal credential entry, choose a PVM or Keepass entry and check "Always prompt with list"

You will be prompted with your credentials list from PVM or KeePass and you will be able to pick the one you want.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I'll give it a shot - thanks.

Clock6 yrs

I've seen a lot of talk about this topic but some of the threads go back years and with BETA's, things change frequently. So let me ask this as maybe a possible workaround to what I am trying to do (or maybe there is a better way to do it other than 3rd party add-ons). Third party add-ons limit portablity and have to be approved, etc.

We use a shared SQL data source for our team. We have a need to use more than one "private" credential. We have systems that (due to security requirements) those credentials can't be available to unauthorized team members.

With the current BETA, can a Group Folder be locked down to allow only specific user(s) access to it (or the entries within it)? If so, can that be locked down based upon current Windows logged in credentials or an AD security group?

Thanks

Clock6 yrs

Yes, you can secure connections and/or groups/folders. You do it via the security group.

We have a few best practices available to guide you:
http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?bestpractices_security.htm - setup security groups
http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?tipsandtricks_sqlserverdatasourcewithintegratedsecurity.htm - using SQL integrated security

Note: In this beta we've added the notion of Roles, you can define a role and then assign users to them. It's simplifies the management, no need to define the rights for each individual user.

This should be a good starting point, if you need anything else let us know.

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs