Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Active Directory sync and fix fav list scrolling

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I will see what I can do for the filtering. I'm sure it won't be a problem.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

We are waiting on this feature, since we have more than 40.000 computer objects and don't need the non-server imported.
If there where a way to sync a group with an OU we would be even more happy.

Clock6 yrs

@Vest,
We might not have the filtering in the first beta release but I can assure you that it will be there for the final release.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I've used the AD synchronizer in v 9.4.10.0 and it works great. Thank you very much. Is there anyway you could allow adding the description field from AD into RDM when syncing? We use this when a laptop/workstation is assigned to an individual and makes it simple to support them when we can see their name associated with their device.

Clock5 yrs

When is this going to be put into the released version? I am currently on 9.2.10.0
and if it is in beta, how can I get that to try?

Clock5 yrs

Go to download page and select the beta tab under the download button.

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download#beta

Clock5 yrs

@Burgler00

I have entered a improvement request to add the description. Thank you for your feedback

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

This is now implemented in it will be in the next beta

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

It had been nice if you could create groups from OU's in the import and choose from witch level to add the groups and computers.

Example,

Computers
- IT Department
-- Computer 1
-- Computer 2
- Sales
-- Computer 1
-- Computer 2

I want the OU's "IT Department" and "Sales" to be folders in RDM with the computers in it without having "Computers" as a top folder.
edited by Noiden on 8/8/2014

Clock5 yrs

Hi Noiden,

I implemented your suggestion. It will be in the next build.

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Cool, thanks! =)

Clock5 yrs

I'm currently running 9.4.14.0 and the AD sync seems to work quite well. The process is now very quick. I just have a couple of additional suggestions for Synchronizer:

– Being able to limit Synchronizer to only returning "servers" and using custom LDAP filters, that is sweet. It seems that Synchronizer is currently limited to only creating RDP sessions for AD objects which do not already exist in RDM. What I am wondering is whether it is possible to allow Synchronizer to import duplicate session entries as well? Granted I wouldn’t recommend this feature for general use (you wouldn’t want Synchronizer to keep importing AD objects continually into the same RDM group/folder, it would get out of control). But maybe Synchronizer could have a feature option added so that once the ("duplicates allowed") option is enabled, Synchronizer would be allowed to import duplicate RDP sessions into RDM, but only as long as these new sessions are created in a new RDM group/folder where the session doesn't already exist. That is what I need to do (I want to convert our existing group/folder hierarchy in RDM to match our OU structure in AD, now that this feature is available in RDM). Thing is, I don’t want to delete what I already have in RDM, and RDM only wants to add new session objects for those which don’t already exist. I am not sure how much of an effort it would be to implement this option, but if it is an easy change, this option would be nice to have. I guess if duplicates are allowed, something else to consider is when you move a session from one folder to another (and an entry already exists in the destination group/folder), RDM would have to verify whether to overwrite the existing session entry. Not sure if this would be too much or not.

– Another feature request would be to allow Synchronizer to remove sessions from RDM if they no longer have a matching entry in AD (so when computer objects are removed from AD, Synchronizer will remove them from RDM as well, keeping things "in sync"). You could even go one step further and create a “Recycle Bin” in RDM to hold delete objects (maybe for 30 days or something?) just in case a deleted entry needs to be recovered in RDM.

Anyway, I like the features and functionality of the AD Synchronizer component, nice job!! It really adds value to the RDM product. Thank you!!

Clock5 yrs

Just wondering if the above feature requests are possible or something that is not worth doing?

Thanks

Clock5 yrs

You can create other types of connections with the syncronizer. When you create the synchronizer entry there is an option to specify a template. Create a new template with your VNC or other connection type you want and then select that template and every entry added by the synchronizer will use it. I've successfully used it for RDP, VNC, and AMT type connections.

Clock5 yrs